Facebook buys Oculus Rift developer for $2 billion

Started by Syt, March 26, 2014, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on March 26, 2014, 10:22:49 AM
I dunno, what do you guys think? Is Occulus Rift style VR something with mass appeal in gaming?
For me, no. But I still don't get why someone'd want an ipad  :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

I don't think I would ever want to play a VR goggles based game.  I am even more sure I would never be willing to pay for the equipment.

Razgovory

I wonder if we are all just to old for this type of thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Probably, it sounds like something my 19 year old self would have been all over.

Josquius

There is one interesting and apparently terrifying OR game out there. You play a 16 bit horror game from a virtual living room, thus allowing for the break with reality in having a controller, whilst around you in the virtual world creepy shit goes on. It is apparently rather immersive.
I doubt i'll be getting one, space is a premium for me, but I hope it does well for the sake of future developments.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I get terrified in the rooms of my house as it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on March 26, 2014, 06:56:47 PM
I get motion sickness in POV games, so I doubt I'll ever get something like this.

I do too unless I widen the Field of View to 90ยบ. Have you tried that?

As for the original topic, the last thing I want to do is share conversations with my doctor with Mr Zuckenberg. That quote raises so many red flags I don't know where to begin.