News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Building Collapse in Manhattan?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 12, 2014, 09:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I'm still waiting for an apology from you pro-methane terrorists.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

I'm assuming that garbon is okay, since it was in east Harlem, but has anyone heard from him, just to be sure?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

He crawled out of the rubble and posted in the Obamacare thread.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on March 12, 2014, 09:33:46 AM
I'm assuming that garbon is okay, since it was in east Harlem, but has anyone heard from him, just to be sure?

I didn't know anything about this being that a) the northern wastes are mostly a theoretical space for me (-_-) and b) I was in the middle of my performance review.

But yeah I'm fine. :) :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I did talk with friends up there who heard the bomb and just thought it was a loud truck or blasting work on 2nd ave tunnel. Transportation is now all screwy up there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2014, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2014, 10:00:40 AM
my performance review.

I have mine tomorrow :bleeding:

Mine was at 9am..and they had given me self-review form to fill out day before. I filled out from 8 to 8:45. :D

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2014, 12:06:08 PM
Mine was at 9am..and they had given me self-review form to fill out day before. I filled out from 8 to 8:45. :D

Our self-appraisals are due several weeks in advance-- so our managers can be lazy and use them for the basis of the actual review.  For my direct reports, I'm always amazed by them bringing up stuff they did wrong that I forgot about :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2014, 12:10:42 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2014, 12:06:08 PM

Our self-appraisals are due several weeks in advance-- so our managers can be lazy and use them for the basis of the actual review.  For my direct reports, I'm always amazed by them bringing up stuff they did wrong that I forgot about :D

That's our typical process. This was really odd. Also, my old boss changed my objectives on Monday because most hadn't been applicable to changes in company structure last year. :bleeding:

Oh, most of my review was them forgetting about all the positive things I'd done (some of those were ones they were barely aware of because they hadn't needed to provide input - which was kinda funny as that was one of my goals was to wean off the need for them :D).

Siege

The Religion of Peace attacks again.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius