And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Liep

We're getting a Dunkin' Donuts at the Central Station. I've heard a lot about this brand, but is it any good?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on March 03, 2015, 10:52:21 AM
We're getting a Dunkin' Donuts at the Central Station. I've heard a lot about this brand, but is it any good?

These days they are more famous for their coffee.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on March 03, 2015, 10:52:21 AM
Not bad but overrated IMO.  In New England there's a Dunkin Donuts like every 50 feet, so I may be a little burned out on them.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

We have two in Vienna, but I haven't checked them out yet. Reviews on Google are very mixed between "AWESOME" and "horrible artificial crap".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2015, 11:03:57 AM
Reviews on Google are very mixed between "AWESOME"
This shocks me. :hmm:

Valmy

People in New England clearly think so :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2015, 11:08:47 AM
People in New England clearly think so :P
If you want coffee and/or donuts, it clearly works, but if there's a local non-chain donut shop around, it pretty much always beats a DD.

Syt

Well, there's not many donut shops here. You can get a chocolate donut at most bakeries, but beyond that there's not much. It seems DD's is also serving bagles here, so that's a bit of a plus, but we have a few places for that already.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

In and Out Burger.  Double-double animal style. :cool:

Bad experience today, though.  The one I went to had a posted capacity of 63 persons and there were easily double that in there.  I only ordered the burger cause their fries are just ok and I figured I'd just take it back to the hotel and eat it.  Took almost 20 minutes just to get a damn burger. :glare:

Then I brought it back here and the fucking water is shut off for the next hour due to renovations.  I opened up the toilet tank and it doesn't even have water in there (it's some contraption I've not seen before without any water).  Me so thirsty  :(

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Dunkin' Donuts is absolutely not a big deal.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2015, 02:33:09 PM

Then I brought it back here and the fucking water is shut off for the next hour due to renovations.  I opened up the toilet tank and it doesn't even have water in there (it's some contraption I've not seen before without any water).  Me so thirsty  :(
I hope you're not implying that you were going to drink from the toilet rather than going out and buying some bottled water. :blink:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Sure I would have... What's wrong with that?  :hmm:

But I ended up just going to Starbucks instead.  :cool: