News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Lots of local pizza-joints here, and they make some good pies.  Wood fired, oven, weird Santa Cruz toppings (no, none from the dispensary yet).

However, it is the Central Coast of California, so pizza costs about a million dollars.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2020, 01:24:33 PM
Here Domino's has an excellent standing offer for a $7.99 large three topping if you pick it up yourself.  Their "Brooklyn style" thin crust is quite tasty.

See, I can get a decent pizza for 8-10 Euro including delivery. So I don't quite get Dominos model here. They have special discounts, but they're for group orfers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Here Domino's has an excellent standing offer for a $7.99 large three topping if you pick it up yourself.  Their "Brooklyn style" thin crust is quite tasty.

Make your own they're better.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Too much effort.

I just had some delicious peach pie. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2020, 10:23:30 PM
Too much effort.

I just had some delicious peach pie. :mmm:

Then don't be whining it the physical fitness thread, because you're to lazy to make a better healthier option.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

A healthy pizza isn't a pizza.

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on December 07, 2020, 08:45:20 PM

I love making home-made pizza.  :mmm:

But that tends to be a more involved weekend meal at our house.  Not that I love Pappa John's, but there's an outlet just a 2 minute drive away from our house, so it's a go-to when we need food fast mid-week.  It's nowhere near as good as home-made, but sometimes you just need food fast.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 08, 2020, 12:55:40 AM
A healthy pizza isn't a pizza.
Actually, it is.  It's right in the name.

Eddie Teach

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 08, 2020, 12:59:07 AM
Not that I love Pappa John's, but there's an outlet just a 2 minute drive away from our house, so it's a go-to when we need food fast mid-week. 
Thank you for your support. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2020, 05:10:19 PM
Not that I love Pappa John's, but there's an outlet just a 2 minute drive away from our house, so it's a go-to when we need food fast mid-week. 
Thank you for your support. :)

I can call in an order, drive over, pick up, and have pizza on the table in about 20-25 minutes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

...and in doing so you're helping my local economy. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on December 07, 2020, 08:45:20 PM

I love making home-made pizza.  :mmm:

But that tends to be a more involved weekend meal at our house.  Not that I love Pappa John's, but there's an outlet just a 2 minute drive away from our house, so it's a go-to when we need food fast mid-week.  It's nowhere near as good as home-made, but sometimes you just need food fast.

I usually destroy the kitchen... :lol:

Other than a mom and pop pizza places, I like Round Table pizza. There's a good one in Federal Way.

mongers

A small chocolate panettone washed down with some Hereford cider.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

I've been eating a lot of soup since Xmas,  it was also a good way of getting rid of the last of the turkey.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"