If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Super Strength
1 (2.1%)
Super Speed
1 (2.1%)
Invulnerability
0 (0%)
Regenerative Healing
5 (10.4%)
Telepathy
1 (2.1%)
Teleportation
3 (6.3%)
Telekinesis
0 (0%)
Time Control
12 (25%)
Mind Control
8 (16.7%)
X-ray vision
0 (0%)
Pyrokinesis
0 (0%)
Flight
2 (4.2%)
Electromagnetic Control
1 (2.1%)
Shape Shifting
2 (4.2%)
Invisibility
3 (6.3%)
Other
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

jimmy olsen

What it says on the tin. I ask because this is a question I've asked my students and their most common answer strikes me as odd. I want to see if it's preference limited to my students, or if it's a sentiment that is more widespread.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Not sure about the bestest super power, but the absolute worst has to be the one Bouncing Boy has.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Not sure about the bestest super power, but the absolute worst has to be the one Bouncing Boy has.
Who?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Electromagnetic control of course; I'd have the most awesome circuit designs ever.   :cool:

:P
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 05, 2014, 05:47:19 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Who?

From the Legion of Super-Heroes, the weirdest and best of all the super-teams.

Bouncing Boy does suck, but he has moxy.  Can any of us really say the same?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

So many choices.  :(  I'd like to have a superpower to add all the superpowers listed above, so that I don't have to pick just one.

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Regenerative healing, if it includes immortality.

If immortality is not on the table, I choose telekinesis, which is like mastery of magnetism but can't be defeated by rubber bullets or plastic helicopters or similar shit such as has threatened Magneto in the past.

Actually, now I would rather have telekinesis than immortality.  There's always a chance I could be imprisoned, or burned beyond my healing factor's ability to cope.  But with telekinesis?  I cannot overstate how fucked your world order would be.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

The Larch

Flight, assuming one can get high enough without freezing, and travel at a decent speed.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2014, 05:53:53 PM
Mindblasting Nerds.

I'd use it to steal nuclear weapons, threaten to detonate or disintegrate them unless student loan reform was enacted.  Or unless a hundred beautiful young women with some sexual experience, but not, like, you know, a gross amount, were delivered to my headquarters.
Kinemalogue

The Larch

Btw, I see that regenerative healing is the most popular choice. It shouldn't be if you still experience the pain.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Larch on March 05, 2014, 05:57:26 PM
Btw, I see that regenerative healing is the most popular choice. It shouldn't be if you still experience the pain.

Why?  I have regenerative healing.  I can shoot as much heroin into my body as I want.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Wouldn't invulnerability be more useful than healing?

I'm somewhat drawn to mind control, but that seems like it would be ethically dubious...

I think I'll stick with my curling broom +1.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.