If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Super Strength
1 (2.1%)
Super Speed
1 (2.1%)
Invulnerability
0 (0%)
Regenerative Healing
5 (10.4%)
Telepathy
1 (2.1%)
Teleportation
3 (6.3%)
Telekinesis
0 (0%)
Time Control
12 (25%)
Mind Control
8 (16.7%)
X-ray vision
0 (0%)
Pyrokinesis
0 (0%)
Flight
2 (4.2%)
Electromagnetic Control
1 (2.1%)
Shape Shifting
2 (4.2%)
Invisibility
3 (6.3%)
Other
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Ed Anger

I liked Starship Troopers. It was no Gor, but what is?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on March 07, 2014, 08:15:19 AM
Other, Immortality.

I've always fancied floating in a void after the heat death of the universe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Seriously though, omniscience. It would enable you to possess almost any other power, as you would by definition know how to achieve the same functional effect.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2014, 08:04:00 AM
Mystery solved, apparently there's a popular tv show (they said soap opera, but I'm skeptical since their understanding of genres is poor) where a main character can teleport and that's why so many girls want that power.  :D

Brock Hanson:  Max Stonemason, I should have known it all along.  You're the one whose been teleporting into my house in order to have an affair with my precious Veronica.

Max Stonemason:  Now hold on Brock, it's criminal the way you treat her.  The way you ignore her.  The way you're carrying on an affair with her evil twin.  The way you lock her up in your pleasure dungeon all day while you work long hours at the office.

Brock Hanson:  I work those hours so I can afford nice things for her; like a pleasure dungeon.

Max Stonemason:  I'm her only source of comfort and I'm stealing her away from you with teleportation.

Brock Hanson:  Never!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Quote from: Agelastus on March 07, 2014, 08:56:56 AM
Grumbler is right about one thing, anyway; there seems to be no "maybe" about his work - either you like his books or you don't, there's no middle ground.
I actually don't feel that way.  I loved Farnham's Freehold and I thought Stranger in a Strange Land was pretty good too (though weird as hell).  So I both love some of his books, and hate others. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 05, 2014, 10:19:54 PM
Time Control.  I can go back in time and kill Robert E Lee.

If you really want to help the Union cause, you should kill Ben Butler instead.

jimmy olsen

If the war ends too early there will be no emancipation proclamation and reconstruction amendments.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

After a quick look at the headlines, it seems I already have a superpower: Common sense.

It must be a superpower now, because it sure isn't common anymore.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2014, 10:07:05 PM
If the war ends too early there will be no emancipation proclamation and reconstruction amendments.

He didn't say when, he might just kill him in 1866.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

Teleportation is made of win.
Time control is cheating
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2014, 09:40:33 AM
I liked Starship Troopers. It was no Gor, but what is?

Flores is a man in the book.
And all pilots are females.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on March 07, 2014, 03:25:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2014, 08:04:00 AM
Mystery solved, apparently there's a popular tv show (they said soap opera, but I'm skeptical since their understanding of genres is poor) where a main character can teleport and that's why so many girls want that power.  :D

Brock Hanson:  Max Stonemason, I should have known it all along.  You're the one whose been teleporting into my house in order to have an affair with my precious Veronica.

Max Stonemason:  Now hold on Brock, it's criminal the way you treat her.  The way you ignore her.  The way you're carrying on an affair with her evil twin.  The way you lock her up in your pleasure dungeon all day while you work long hours at the office.

Brock Hanson:  I work those hours so I can afford nice things for her; like a pleasure dungeon.

Max Stonemason:  I'm her only source of comfort and I'm stealing her away from you with teleportation.

Brock Hanson:  Never!

:lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2014, 11:13:35 PM
He didn't say when, he might just kill him in 1866.

No I was going to kill him in 1862 so George B McClellan would be the greatest five term President in our history.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."