Knife-wielding mob kills 27 at China train station

Started by Syt, March 01, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2014, 07:03:28 PM
You laugh but wasn't it Britain who wanted to ban swords when somebody cut somebody up with a Katana replica?
Samurai swords are banned. There were about 100 attacks with them in five years and a few murders. They became weirdly popular with gangs.

There's lots of restrictions on knives too.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 09:24:55 AM
So is China just morally insane as a country?

No, they're just not the ethnically homogenous country the world seems to think it is.   And the Han Chinese are not welcome in the west.

Queequeg

Yunnan has been Chinese for two thousand years.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

Apparently somebody forget to post that memo at the train station.

Queequeg

If it really was Uighur radicals, that's thousands of miles away from Yunnan.  They're close to opposite ends of the country. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 12:30:40 PM
If it really was Uighur radicals, that's thousands of miles away from Yunnan.  They're close to opposite ends of the country.

Big fucking deal, Uighur radicals have attacked people in Tiananmen Square.  You go where you can do the damage.

Now I know this whole Ukrainian thing has gotten your ethnic erection all incredibly purple and shit, but try not to think about China's issues through Cossackstani lenses.

dps

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 12:30:40 PM

And NYC is thousands of miles from the Middle East.  Do you have a point?

Queequeg

I thought
QuoteNo, they're just not the ethnically homogenous country the world seems to think it is.   And the Han Chinese are not welcome in the west.
indicated that CdM thought that the Chinese weren't welcome in Yunnan, when self-described Chinese are 90% of the population and the rest aren't radically anti-Chinese. 

CountDeMoney

Yunnan's only 2/3rds Han, and most of that is a result of WW2 and again under Mao's western migration policies.  And guess what, they weren't welcome then, either.

Whether or not this attack has anything to do with Yunnan, Yunnan's still not what you think it is, Cossack.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 12:26:11 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

Apparently somebody forget to post that memo at the train station.

A group of determined men dressed in black and wearing balaclavas, knives tucked into belts, march towards the train station. At the entrance their leader signals them to stop.

Tense seconds tick by as he studies the pamphlet on the door. People shuffle nervously past them.

Finally he takes off his balaclava and turns towards his men.

"It appears that this place has been Chinese for two millennia," he says.

"Huh," says one. "Really. I didn't know that."

The leader shrugs. "Well, I guess that's that, then."

"Thank God," one of the would be assassins says as they stomp off. "We almost made a grave mistake there!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

:P  You forgot it was printed on Imperial stationery.

Queequeg

I don't think there's any indication this incident had anything to do with Yunnan besides the fact that Yunnan is a province of China and China controls Xinjiang. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 01:25:36 PM
I don't think there's any indication this incident had anything to do with Yunnan besides the fact that Yunnan is a province of China and China controls Xinjiang.

I'm not the one that posited the premise that it has anything to do with Yunnan;  all I said was "the west" and that you attack soft targets when and where the opportunity presents itself.  The Yunnan discussion diverged on its own, Mr. 2000 Years.

Now take your Assburger meds, you've been too literal lately.

Siege

Quote from: LaCroix on March 01, 2014, 08:46:38 PM
imagine the death toll if they had guns  :P

Zero dead if the people had guns.
The fear of gun ownership and armed civilians keep criminals in check.
They know they cannot fuck around.

However, in China, they are 100% sure no one is armed, not even with a knife, which accounts for the high death toll.

So take your liberal views swallow them with my cum, faggot.
Pussies like you really piss me off..
If it were up to you we would all be fucking slaves.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Is that the way it works in  the US Seeb?