And we're back!

Main Menu

The Anime Thread

Started by Monoriu, February 25, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on February 17, 2022, 12:47:25 PM
I quite liked the movie version.
The original anime.... I don't remember too much. The 5 minute vignette format doesn't do it for me generally. Saiki K is the only one I like.

Hetalia was also fun for a while.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Hetalia was forever ruined by moving to Japan and meeting fujiyoshi.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2022, 05:34:50 PM
I can't get past chapter 1.
The art is off putting.
But ja. It's crazy popular.
Same thing for me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

The pick of this season gone - Ya Boy Kongming.

3 kingdoms general Kongming finds himself in modern Tokyo, where he meets a struggling musician and decides to become her tactician, applying romance of the 3 kingdoms strategms to the music scene.
It's fun.
And there aren't too many good music anime out there.
Worth a watch.

Also anyone else watched odd taxi? That was also fantastic.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

This thread has dropped to oblivion without Mono.
Still.
The current anime you should watch- Oshi no Ko. Saying much about it will be a spoiler. And if you're remotely open to anime watch it without spoilers. But it is just fantastic all round.  Kind of Perfect Blue vibes. Looks at various aspects of the Japanese entertainment industry from the POV of someone who isn't particularly interested in being part of it but reasons.
It took a lot of trustworthy sources saying it was worth watching to get me to give it a go as the blurb just didn't sound like my kind of thing. I don't like pop music and see idol culture as everything that is wrong with pop music. But the show agrees.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on June 13, 2023, 10:23:29 AMThis thread has dropped to oblivion without Mono.
He left because we didn't support Xi Jinping, or he left because his public persona never really match his forum boasting and he disapeared never to be heard again?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on June 13, 2023, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 13, 2023, 10:23:29 AMThis thread has dropped to oblivion without Mono.
He left because we didn't support Xi Jinping, or he left because his public persona never really match his forum boasting and he disapeared never to be heard again?
Did he really do much boasting?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Iirc he went too over the line at one point cheering for protestors getting their heads smashed in and had a thread locked temporarily. Never banned.
██████
██████
██████