Trackball a good alternative over a mouse?

Started by lustindarkness, February 21, 2014, 09:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

My carpal tunnel is slowly but surely getting worst (from work, not gaming  ;) ) and I have been considering more ergonomic options instead of a mouse. I have never used a trackball and looking for opinions.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

My mother swears by this, or something like that. Anyhoo, ergonomic mouse pad I think they're called. Google tells me "mousetrapper"... hmm

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

ulmont

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 21, 2014, 09:54:27 AM
My carpal tunnel is slowly but surely getting worst (from work, not gaming  ;) ) and I have been considering more ergonomic options instead of a mouse. I have never used a trackball and looking for opinions.

Start using the mouse with your non-dominant hand.  Worked wonders for me.

lustindarkness

Liep, what is that? LOL

ulmont, I already do that. For years now I have used my left hand to mouse at work so I can still use my right at home, my left has started to bother too. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Liep, that looks like just the same as a laptop touchpad integrated to a keyboard.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

ulmont

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 21, 2014, 02:25:58 PM
ulmont, I already do that. For years now I have used my left hand to mouse at work so I can still use my right at home, my left has started to bother too. :(

Ouch; sorry to hear that.  I just went full lefty, which has worked for about 15 years now.

Vricklund

Quote from: ulmont on February 21, 2014, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 21, 2014, 02:25:58 PM

Ouch; sorry to hear that.  I just went full lefty, which has worked for about 15 years now.
Heh. I have a couple of ladies at work nearing retirement, probably in Lieps moms age, that use those too. The touchpad is mechanical, works like a vertical storage system, sort of. A few years ago one broke and the user was devastated, I had a hell of a time finding a replacement. :)