News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Banished

Started by PRC, February 24, 2014, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Saw a guy post this on another forum.  Shows number of tiles wide by height with the number of farmers needed to maintain it in the cross sections.

Having a 15 x 15 farm operating at full efficiency would require four villagers.  But you're better off in terms of varied produce by having four 8 x 7 farms each with a single farmer and the output should equal close to the same amount. 

Crops:

Orchards:

crazy canuck

Interesting.  Thanks

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: PRC on February 24, 2014, 12:49:57 PM

Educating villagers takes 6 years (seasons) and starts at age 10.  I wait to build my school until the first round of kids are 5 or 6 then put a teacher in when they're 9.

I've read online that educated villager's improve productivity by 50%.

Okay, so I have 27 year old pops occasionally who are still students. Is that because it takes six years but they age each season? I'm about to burn down the schoolhouse.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

I have a confirmed bachelor who moved into his house at age 34 and never took a wife.  He is now 57 and still single.  Unfortunately Banished doesnt recognize same sex couples and so I fear he will live alone his whole life - and force me to build other houses for those more productive.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: fhdz on February 24, 2014, 11:23:38 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on February 24, 2014, 10:26:26 PM
It's interesting....but I kind of get bored without any purpose later on.

Yeah, that's kind of what happens in sandbox games.

I'm not sure about that. Generally one can come up with one's own sense of purpose/direction. That was my concern about Banished right now was that it wasn't deep enough to necessarily allow for that yet.

Yeah that's kind of my problem with it, there just aren't that many toys in the sandbox.  Mods will definitely fix it and add loads of content if what I'm reading about the mod-ability is correct, though.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

PRC

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 10:51:40 PM
I have a confirmed bachelor who moved into his house at age 34 and never took a wife.  He is now 57 and still single.  Unfortunately Banished doesnt recognize same sex couples and so I fear he will live alone his whole life - and force me to build other houses for those more productive.

If you have other houses with a single female in it then you should hit the destroy building function on that house for a second.  Then cancel your deconstruct.  The guy will move out and move in with the female.

PRC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 25, 2014, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: PRC on February 24, 2014, 12:49:57 PM

Educating villagers takes 6 years (seasons) and starts at age 10.  I wait to build my school until the first round of kids are 5 or 6 then put a teacher in when they're 9.

I've read online that educated villager's improve productivity by 50%.

Okay, so I have 27 year old pops occasionally who are still students. Is that because it takes six years but they age each season? I'm about to burn down the schoolhouse.

Hmm... I haven't seen that.  Maybe you had uneducated villagers who decided to go back to school.

crazy canuck

Quote from: PRC on February 25, 2014, 11:48:46 PM

If you have other houses with a single female in it then you should hit the destroy building function on that house for a second.  Then cancel your deconstruct.  The guy will move out and move in with the female.

Dont let the social conservatives know about this trick

PDH

But that is realistic.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on February 26, 2014, 11:18:38 AM

But that is realistic.

If this was Banished, the Canadian version, the poor guy could marry another man and adopt children. 

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on February 26, 2014, 11:18:38 AM

But that is realistic.

Hey now.