News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"Don't get your ass to Mars" say mullahs.

Started by Tonitrus, February 20, 2014, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

"But honey, you'd hate it on Mars"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/gulf-imams-issue-fatwa-warning-muslims-not-to-live-on-mars-as-it-would-pose-a-real-risk-to-life-9141631.html

QuoteGulf imams issue fatwa warning Muslims not to live on Mars as it would pose 'a real risk to life'

500 people from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries were said to have signed up for a spot on the Mars One mission
ROB WILLIAMS  Author Biography   Thursday 20 February 2014

According to reports in the Khaleej Times, a fatwa committee under the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment in the UAE, prohibits Muslims from being involved in such a journey as it would pose "a real risk to life" and is tantamount to suicide.

The report emerged after more than 500 people from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries were said to have signed up for a spot on the Mars One mission.

The Mars One mission aims to establish a permanent human settlement on the red planet.

Crews of four will depart every two years from 2024 following an initial unmanned mission in 2018. The mission would use a worldwide reality television show to raise the estimated $6bn required to send the team to Mars and give them a chance of survival.

"Such a one-way journey poses a real risk to life, and that can never be justified in Islam," the committee said. "There is a possibility that an individual who travels to planet Mars may not be able to remain alive there, and is more vulnerable to death."

"Protecting life against all possible dangers and keeping it safe is an issue agreed upon by all religions and is clearly stipulated in verse 4/29 of the Holy Koran: Do not kill yourselves or one another. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful," the committee, chaired by Professor Dr Farooq Hamada, said.

Ed Anger

They'll just ram a lander into the Hab Dome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

:lol:

I think there is a financial scam somewhere in that scheme, and the mullahs put a stop to it using the health excuse.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Viking

I hate to consider how those idiots would find the qibla to pray to the direction of mecca....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on February 21, 2014, 09:34:17 AM
I hate to consider who those idiots would find the qibla to pray to the direction of mecca....

The Google gibberish-English translation of this is still gibberish.  Any chance you could tell us what you are saying using English?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"