Switzerland votes to curb EU immigration

Started by Syt, February 09, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on February 17, 2014, 10:19:18 AM
Well there is that of course. Was it the former US ambassador in Denmark who, when departing, mentioned that perhaps it would be a neat idea to call "2nd or 3rd generation immigrants" "Danes" instead?

The problem is that for a lot of countries like Denmark the word can either mean citizenship or ethnicity.

Zanza

Well there is that of course. Was it the former US ambassador in Denmark who, when departing, mentioned that perhaps it would be a neat idea to call "2nd or 3rd generation immigrants" "Danes" instead?
Do you call your 25th generation Roma Magyars?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza on February 17, 2014, 11:58:53 AM
Do you call your 25th generation Roma Magyars?

No, and I never said we did. Also, it is not good that we don't.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on February 12, 2014, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2014, 01:03:47 PM
QuoteOr. of course, Switzerland could loosen up its citizenship requirements...
True. But they don't want to and I'm not sure it would help. They're not EU members so new citizens wouldn't become EU citizens and existing EU citizens who became Swiss would possibly lose their EU passport.

Something is not right over there when second and third generation inmigrants still don't have a chance to achieve Swiss citizenship, despite being born there and living there all their lives.

If we did that we wouldn't have any Americans. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017