And we're back!

Main Menu

Politicians staring at floods

Started by Sheilbh, February 11, 2014, 08:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2014, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2014, 09:21:12 PM
http://order-order.com/2013/10/04/buzzfeed-sign-jim-waterson-as-first-political-editor/

QuoteWaterson hit TV screens around the world when he fried an egg on the street under the Walkie Talkie skyscraper

:D
:lol: Nothing but the best (presumably he did that with City AM, a financial freesheet) :huh:

But that guy's an example of someone who is just quite mean-spirited and insulting - see his flood posts.

Here's Jim Waterson with more hard hitting journalism. I guess we can't say he won't milk a "story" till its last drop.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/pictures-of-ed-milibands-stare-ready-to-take-on-the-world

Quote15 Pictures Of Ed Miliband Staring At Things

The Labour leader needs to make the most of his "blue steel" look.

Ed Miliband launched his "staring at floods" pout last week, striking fear into all who saw it.

Inspired by this, the Destiny Miliband Tumblr set about showing how the Labour leader could bring his commanding stare to other situations.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Well he does have a slight problem with inappropriate staring:

:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2014, 08:33:31 PM
I loved this:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/pictures-of-politicians-in-wellies-and-staring-at-floods

Well at least they seem to be aware the floods were going on.  It is always refreshing to see British Politicians appearing to care about things that do not directly impact London.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Warspite

Farage in the full-on country check and tweed was hilarious.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Warspite

Interestingly, Clegg eschews the obvious Barbour jacket I presume for a more populist, North Face look.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Admiral Yi

North Face is a pretty preppy brand.

Warspite

Pretty middle of the road here.

Surprised no one's wearing SuperDry.

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Scipio

President Coolidge came down in a railroad train
With a little fat man with a note-pad in his hand
The President say, "Little fat man isn't it a shame what the river has done
To this poor crackers land."
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jacob

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on February 18, 2014, 03:31:04 PM
Farage in the full-on country check and tweed was hilarious.
No one had told him he was going to go state at floods that weekend.
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

I have a Barbour jacket AND a peacoat.  :lol:

North Face is mostly worn by rich white girls isn't it?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

And Nick Clegg. Which makes an alarming amount of sense.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2014, 03:38:04 AM
Well he does have a slight problem with inappropriate staring:

:lol:
Apparently Ed Miliband's sticking with his 'stare voters into submission' strategy:

As someone said on Twitter, this photo looks either pre-coital or pre-stabbing.
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr