Taliban take Brit combat dog prisoner, shout "Allah Ackbark"

Started by CountDeMoney, February 08, 2014, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Time to launch Operation Infinite Milk-Bone.

QuoteU.S. official: Military dog seized by Taliban belongs to British

(CNN) -- A military dog seized by the Taliban in Afghanistan doesn't belong to U.S. forces, contrary to the Taliban's claim, but rather belongs to the British, a U.S. military official said Thursday.

The official declined to go on record because it is the policy of the NATO alliance that each country makes its own announcement about its situation.

The Taliban distributed a video of the dog in an elaborate harness and contended in links to its Twitter account that the "mujahideen seized US dog" during an "attempted nighttime raid" by U.S. forces on December 23 in the eastern province of Laghman.

Video:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/06/world/meast/afghanistan-taliban-claim-military-dog/

QuoteThe dog calmly stands among the men as they chant and showoff their four-legged prisoner which reportedly came with a global positioning device one man proudly shows off. The dog occasionally wags its tail, hinting that it's possibly more confused than afraid.

"Allah gave victory to the mujahideen!" one of the fighters shouts, according to the Washington Post. "Down with them, down with their spies!"

The Pentagon confirmed to CNN that a military working dog did go missing in December but they said it does not belong to U.S. forces.

The heavily armed men thank Allah for the dog's capture and show off a global positioning device that allegedly came with it. Military officials in Afghanistan have confirmed that a working dog went missing in December.

Cmdr. Bill Speaks said the dog belongs to another country's military in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force.

According to the Post, the Taliban on the contrary claimed the dog, which they say has the rank of a colonel, was taken during a night raid by U.S. military forces on Dec. 23 in Afghanistan's Laghman Province.

It's not clear what happened to its handler.

Kevin Dredden, a former Air Force dog handler and Afghanistan veteran, told the Post that if there's anything certain, it's that "the dog's handler is devastated."

Dredden said that the handlers form tight bonds with their military dogs and that the dogs are given higher ranks than their handler to guarantee respect.

SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks and studies insurgent propaganda, told the Post that the video appears to be the first ever to show a dog as a hostage.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

They better not be torturing him. We need to send in the SAS ASAP.
██████
██████
██████

fhdz

There's no piece of shit quite like a dog-abusing piece of shit.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

The enemy grows bolder with each passing day.  Next they plan to steal a bowl of Cheerios and then piss in it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

I was just thinking that:  whichever unit that dog belongs to is going to move heaven and earth to recover him.  Nobody gets left behind.

I doubt the Taliban will torture it for information, though.  He might be dinner, though.

Darth Wagtaros

I think the SBS should get a chance at the glory of rescuing Colonel Barker.
PDH!

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2014, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

I was just thinking that:  whichever unit that dog belongs to is going to move heaven and earth to recover him.  Nobody gets left behind.

I doubt the Taliban will torture it for information, though.  He might be dinner, though.

Muslims don't eat dogs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Brezel

QuoteThe pooch has been named DaGarwal — meaning "colonel" in the Pashto language — and his new owners are thinking about turning him against his former masters.
"It's always possible that we could use the dog, since it has been trained," said Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/07/taliban-prisoner-military-dog-demanding-best-food-bedding/

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Siege

When the mudslims resort to making videos about captured dogs, you know the jihad is failing.
Soon the jihad will be called off, I am sure.

Siege

Siege