News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Neil on February 22, 2014, 11:05:47 AM

But that's not true.  The hockey tournament is #1.  All other sports are #2 or lower.

It's the only other winter sport I'll go out of my way to watch, I'll grant you that much.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2014, 01:39:59 AM
Watched a little bit of the ice pursuit or whatever the fuck that is.  Teams of 3 chasing each other.  Pretty good.  Speed skating is definitely the most photogenic of winter games sports.

That one Polish chick from last night was so huge, at first I thought I was watching the Men's heats.  For a sport that relies on so much drafting, no wonder they're that good.

Neil

Looking at the score in Finland-USA, it seems like Carey Price might have broken the spirits of those American boys.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Neil on February 22, 2014, 11:50:39 AM
Looking at the score in Finland-USA, it seems like Carey Price might have broken the spirits of those American boys.

It broke my spirit. I can't watch anymore US hockey atm.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2014, 11:52:26 AM
Quote from: Neil on February 22, 2014, 11:50:39 AM

It broke my spirit. I can't watch anymore US hockey atm.
Ah yes.  The old 'glorious gold, so-so silver and shameful, shameful bronze' scenario.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Neil on February 22, 2014, 11:54:57 AM

Ah yes.  The old 'glorious gold, so-so silver and shameful, shameful bronze' scenario.

Not really. But we got the silver the last two times, and I was really into the run for gold. I thought we had a decent chance. It is hard to get excited for bronze when your big hope for the Olympics is crushed 24 hours before. If the game was next week, I'd probably feel differently.

Canada beating us all 3 times probably has a demoralizing aspect to it as well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Solmyr

Neil

Yeah, they seem demoralized.  They're just taking penalties pretty much non-stop now, and the Finns are converting those opportunities.

Still, good for Finland.  They had a good tournament.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Solmyr

alfred russel

I do blame Yi for this. He knows from the college football thread that it is important to do things like flash the hook em horns sign and put a team flag on your car to create synergies for your team. Some of us tried this, but Yi destroyed our synergy by saying we suck. Well guess what Yi? Now we do suck. Congratulations.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on February 22, 2014, 12:10:46 PM
Now its getting kind of sad.
Yeah.  This was the kind of beating that the US was putting on other teams through the round-robin.  It reminds me of Nagano, where Canada lost the semi-final and just didn't have the heart to play Finland in the consolation.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on February 22, 2014, 12:14:19 PM
We can still come back.  :mad:  :cry:

:console:

The Russians are rooting for the Finns. :P

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
I do blame Yi for this. He knows from the college football thread that it is important to do things like flash the hook em horns sign and put a team flag on your car to create synergies for your team. Some of us tried this, but Yi destroyed our synergy by saying we suck. Well guess what Yi? Now we do suck. Congratulations.
:lol: