News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2014, 01:25:59 AM
Right winger Strache will also visit the Olympics, because he says the Olympics should be about sports, not politics.

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Those stadiums look impressive. Opening ceremony now!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Outrageous. Tolstoy must share letter with television, but Chekhov beats Tchaikovsky for Ч, good!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

One ring didn't expand and the olympic logo failed. I'm sure the western media will focus on that instead of the honestly quite good opening.

Grey Fox

They weren't quite good. A ring failed & the Olympic Logo was not completed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Vancouver had a similar mishap during their when a pillar that I believe Catrina le May Doan was at didn't rise when it was supposed to.  They made light of it in the closing ceremonies when they had some clowns or something come out and pretend to fix it.  I expect Russia's response to their mishap to be somewhat different.

derspiess

Quote from: PRC on February 07, 2014, 11:50:52 AM
Vancouver had a similar mishap during their when a pillar that I believe Catrina le May Doan was at didn't rise when it was supposed to.  They made light of it in the closing ceremonies when they had some clowns or something come out and pretend to fix it.  I expect Russia's response to their mishap to be somewhat different.

I'm guessing execution or gulag.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Lol, almost everyone from the chinese delegation stopped and waved at Xi Jinping causing panic in the Russian officials. :D

Liep

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Looks like gay propaganda to me.

Syt

A 2007 speech by Putin, in English, presenting Sochi's bid. He's rather intense. :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aNo3DxWaW4
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

They're at the 1917 revolution in the ballet of Russian history. Malevitj ohoy!

Liep

I had never imagined that the TROLOLOLO song would feature.

Syt

Austrian TV is showing the opening ceremony on commercial station ATV which doesn't have an online stream. And I'm too lazy to turn on the TV.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.