News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Blue Screen of Death

Started by Monoriu, February 05, 2014, 10:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

So, the 00000051 registry error happened to my laptop, and it is stuck in a cycle of rebooting.

No idea if it is bad luck, virus, incompetent user, hardware fault, or all of the above. 

I managed to achieve a stable boot by pressing the F8 and F1 keys repeatedly during the boot-up process, and selecting "boot from last successful boot-up" or something like that. 

My question is, should I bring the laptop to a computer shop?  Anything else that I need to do?  Do I need to download a registry cleaner and if so, which one is decent?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on February 05, 2014, 10:13:38 AM
So, the 00000051 registry error happened to my laptop, and it is stuck in a cycle of rebooting.

No idea if it is bad luck, virus, incompetent user, hardware fault, or all of the above. 

I managed to achieve a stable boot by pressing the F8 and F1 keys repeatedly during the boot-up process, and selecting "boot from last successful boot-up" or something like that. 

My question is, should I bring the laptop to a computer shop?  Anything else that I need to do?  Do I need to download a registry cleaner and if so, which one is decent?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1539aa70-4ee7-48ce-95b7-75a7c4110295/help-getting-bsod-windows-7-with-registry-error?forum=w7itproperf

PS - the Windows boot menu comes up with F8; you don't need to tap F1.
Experience bij!

Josephus

Last time that happened to me, I got a Mac.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Well aren't you a little pussy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.