News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dylan Farrow accuses Woody Allen

Started by Sheilbh, February 01, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on February 09, 2014, 09:13:03 PMPrevin has confirmed that their relationship began when she was twenty, and that it wasn't discovered by Mia Farrow until 1992, when she was 21.  You can believe that Allen knows more about her age than she does, but I don't.

In 1991, when Soon-Yi would have been 19 and 20, so unless you and Allen are friends (and maybe you guys are through co-membership in NAMBLA) I doubt you can definitively know he never pushed his nebbish Jew dick into her until she hit age 20.

QuoteThis is the lamest ad hom of all time.  Sorry, Otto, but it is so pathetic that it isn't even funny-pathetic, just pathetic-pathetic.  The Nelkin stuff is just :yawn:  A bit creepy?  Yeah, but Allen was a lot younger in 1976.

What's the ad hom? Calling a black guy black isn't an ad hom, and that's basically what we're talking about here.

QuoteI certainly am not saying that Allen is not creepy, but I don't base that on bogus "facts" that i have made up to justify a rant about how teenagers think.  I wouldn't trust him near any child of mine, but, then, I'd never trust you near any child of mine, either. Your aggressive ignorance might be contagious.

By "child of mine" are you referring to children you've had sex with? Because I don't believe you have fathered any children.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2014, 08:49:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2014, 08:47:27 PM
I'm not one to judge people when it comes to matters of the heart. :wub: 

That might apply if the heart was the organ involved.

Cardiovascular health is pretty vital.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 10, 2014, 12:54:29 AM
In 1991, when Soon-Yi would have been 19 and 20, so unless you and Allen are friends (and maybe you guys are through co-membership in NAMBLA) I doubt you can definitively know he never pushed his nebbish Jew dick into her until she hit age 20.

You are the guy who is arguing for Allen's claims here, and I am arguing for Soon-Yi's.  I didn't even know you NAMBLA guys even knew each others' identities.

QuoteWhat's the ad hom? Calling a black guy black isn't an ad hom, and that's basically what we're talking about here.

Who are you calling a "black guy" here?  Me?  Allen?  Soon-Yi?

QuoteBy "child of mine" are you referring to children you've had sex with? Because I don't believe you have fathered any children.
Sounds like "child" means, to you, merely "sexual object."  For those of us without your fetish/mental disease, though, it has other, healthier meanings.  And what you "believe" about me has no objective meaning; given your obsession with children and sex, I am grateful that you don't believe I have fathered any children.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on February 09, 2014, 10:51:08 PM
WTF?  Private schools don't conduct background checks on their hires? :o

They don't? Shit, I didn't know that. I wonder why they have applicants fill out those background check forms, then.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on February 10, 2014, 07:31:10 AM
I wonder why they have applicants fill out those background check forms, then.

CYA
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2014, 08:00:13 AM
CYA

that doesn't cover their asses, though.  The law requires that they do background checks (I know that Otto says this isn't true, but he can't use the world "child" in a paragraph without using "sex' in the same paragraph, so maybe he isn't so credible).

Bayraktar!

Neil

Maybe we can compromise on middle ground here?  What if we say that Otto is wrong about Allen, but that grumbler does like the young stuff?  Would that be acceptable to everyone?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

:hmm: The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The Minsky Moment

Some very troubling lines in Otto's post -- nebbish is a noun not an adjective and doesn't make sense as a modifier for "dick"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

FYI, I was talking about "mook" with some friends at the boozer on Friday, one dude googled it, and apparently Scorsese invented the word for "Mean Streets."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2014, 11:33:19 AM
FYI, I was talking about "mook" with some friends at the boozer on Friday, one dude googled it, and apparently Scorsese invented the word for "Mean Streets."

Merriam webster disagrees with the urban dictionary mention.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2014, 11:38:32 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2014, 11:36:35 AM
:hmm: Nebbish means 'asshole', right?

The polar opposite.

I think you're thinking of "mensch".

Doesn't nebbish mean something akin to a nerd?  :hmm:

Google sez: a person, esp. a man, who is regarded as pitifully ineffectual, timid, or submissive.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?