Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Doing this instead of Vic 3....crap.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Well one of them brings in the dollars and one does not...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Less than a month till release. Wonder if it was wise to release this so soon after Stellaris?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Josephus on May 15, 2016, 06:23:22 PM
Less than a month till release. Wonder if it was wise to release this so soon after Stellaris?

That does seem strange.  I don't know if I've ever heard of a developer releasing two of their games so close together like this. 

Phillip V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 15, 2016, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 15, 2016, 06:23:22 PM

That does seem strange.  I don't know if I've ever heard of a developer releasing two of their games so close together like this. 

Confident Paradox

frunk

HoI IV's been delayed over a year.  I think at that point it was bound to either overlap the release of another game or push another game further back.  So they went with the overlap.

Josephus

Preordering is available.  Like with Stellaris, there are different levels. Might go for the full field marshall level.

:blush:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

I didn't really play HoI3 at all, but I played the hell out of HoI2. Maybe I should get this. I am a bit burnt out on EU4, Stellaris as of now doesn't seem to offer that much replay value, so why not my old favorite...? Hmm.

The Field Marshal pack might be the one I go for as well. Getting the first two DLCs + content packs for 40 Euro extra is roughly what they would cost anyway unless I wait a long while until they are on sale...

Crazy_Ivan80

good to know, I've got a coupon lying around somewhere :)

Berkut

After HOI3, this is not getting a pre-order from me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

:yes:  I will buy it some time after they release the first four DLCs and I can get it 75% off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

I guess I will get it down the line, it's just that after 4 iterations it really feels old hat. EUIV at least covers such a long period that there's lots of replay value. But HoI is so focused on such a particular conflict that I really don't feel what yet another iteration will do for me. Winning the war as any of the major powers? Already done. Playing both sides of the Spanish Civil war and allying with Germany/Allies? Already done. Playing as Poland and surviving the onslaught? Done too. Playing as a South American country and bring the war there? Done too. Heck, I have even played as Haiti. I don't feel like HoI4 has anything to offer to me, besides touched up mechanics.

Solmyr

I will get it in three years when it's finished. :P

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2016, 06:48:36 PM
After HOI3, this is not getting a pre-order from me.

In which sequence do you think HoI games should be released? :blink:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on May 18, 2016, 07:30:20 AM
I will get it in three years when it's finished. :P

I'll hold you to that  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum