News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I've read a review that seemed positive on the surface, but reinforced the many concerns that I had.  It sounds like the expansion jams a lot of complications into a game that neither needs them nor is designed to handle them, and a lot of these complications either don't change anything at all, or change things so much that the game becomes overly focused around them.  I think I'm giving this a pass.

Threviel

Tried out the free update somewhat yesterday. I'm waiting for Kaiserreich to be updated, anyone know how long that usually is?

The Brain

Why is Hirohito leader of Japan? Other countries seem to be led by their head of government (even if some of those of course double as heads of state).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2021, 01:43:28 PM
Why is Hirohito leader of Japan? Other countries seem to be led by their head of government (even if some of those of course double as heads of state).

Maybe because Japan had 8 PMs in the time period of the game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on December 01, 2021, 05:27:06 PM

Elaborate.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2021, 05:44:45 PM

Elaborate.

Having the PM be the leader would mean a lot of portrait switching.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on December 01, 2021, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2021, 05:44:45 PM

Elaborate.

Having the PM be the leader would mean a lot of portrait switching.

But it's done for France and the UK I think?

The Minsky Moment

Should be the daughter in law elect, no?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on December 01, 2021, 06:06:27 PM
But it's done for France and the UK I think?

Yes, that's why I said "a lot of" portrait switching.

I'm not being entirely serious, but maybe a little bit serious.

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Trying to get back into this game. haven't played since June 2018. I always find it hard to remember the little nuances of Paradox games when I haven't played for a while; especially when their DLC releases make changes to the game, even if you don't buy the DLC.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Threviel

I find the new fangled logistics system improves stuff a lot. Really makes my offensives stop dead sometimes and makes me use air supply even.

The Brain

What about a flock of seagulls?

Josephus

Ugh...been playing this game a lot these last two weeks. It's changed a lot since I last played four years ago and there's a lot to wrap my head around. This game is annoying though because it could be good. But isn't. Still, I'm addicted right now. In a few hours I'll bang my head against the wall, and then play some more.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 06, 2022, 05:49:56 AMUgh...been playing this game a lot these last two weeks. It's changed a lot since I last played four years ago and there's a lot to wrap my head around. This game is annoying though because it could be good. But isn't. Still, I'm addicted right now. In a few hours I'll bang my head against the wall, and then play some more.

Are you playing using Kaiserreich or vanilla?  KR is much better.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

I personally find HOI4 to be a strange game.  The QA part of the game seems to be really poor, and the arrogance of leaving major bugs and shortcomings unaddressed for years while pumping out DLCs is infuriating.  That said, I find myself getting sucked in again and again.