Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

MadBurgerMaker

I just bought it and it's downloading now WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

The Brain

I just started a game as Sweden. Can't say how overpowered it is yet.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2016, 01:27:18 PM

'Ball Bearing Power Diplomacy Event: Germany made Swedish puppet'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Been playing a couple of hours, the game is very accessible and rather pretty (and stable so far). I'm spending most of my time making choices that I find interesting.

Crazy_Ivan80

just played through the tutorial. Pretty nice. In true Italian fashion those Ethiopians didn't go down that easily.

-The tutorial itself was a bit light on the explaining but the tooltips seem decent enough, much will depend on it's linkage to wiki and how uptodate the info there is (and stays).
-Research has been brought back to more HOI2-level of manageability (but we knew that already). I'm sure modders will expand it swiftly so we can finally research Hitler's 1944 razor.
-Production is nice. set up a line and let it rip (or underperform :p), or you can micromanage it bit more. The limited amount of stuff to be built in a province should help prevent factory-spam.
-Messing around with your government might be fun, plenty of options as far as I could tell.

Pretty smooth gameplay. Barely scratched the surface in any case.

Josephus

Looking forward to going home and downloading htis....alas my stupid co-workers picked today to throw me a surprise 50th birthday party. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 06, 2016, 03:22:05 PM
Looking forward to going home and downloading htis....alas my stupid co-workers picked today to throw me a surprise 50th birthday party. :mad:

OLD!

HB man. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2016, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2016, 01:27:18 PM

'Ball Bearing Power Diplomacy Event: Germany made Swedish puppet'

Raoul Wallenberg Takes Command: 6 million soldiers added to Swedish manpower pool.

MadBurgerMaker

Happy birthday  :)

For future reference: set up Chrome Remote Desktop (or some other similar software), remote in and start the DL from work or wherever you are.  That way it'll be ready to go for you when you get home/done partying/etc.

Alternatively just play at work like I'm doing.  :ph34r:

Drakken

So how is the Pacific War going in HOI4? In HOI3 the Americans could ignore the Pacific islands and go straight for the Islands or East Asia.  :yucky:

Has it changed?

chipwich

How do I invade Malta as Italy? the mission tool tip says I need intel, but I have a bit fleet right next door!

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2016, 03:31:01 PM

OLD!

HB man. :hug:

My actual birthday is not for another week...but thanks  :cheers:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 06, 2016, 05:03:11 PM

Happy birthday  :)

For future reference: set up Chrome Remote Desktop (or some other similar software), remote in and start the DL from work or wherever you are.  That way it'll be ready to go for you when you get home/done partying/etc.

Alternatively just play at work like I'm doing.  :ph34r:

Aargh...such an old man, I never even thought about that!!
Civis Romanus Sum