News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Josephus, January 24, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Ok, you guys may not seem so excited, but I've been since I started this thread several years ago.

I pre-ordered a game for the first time ever.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Sad you chose this game to give up your virginity. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2016, 11:14:36 AM
Sad you chose this game to give up your virginity. :(

We shall see...the fat girl may end up hot in a few years
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Richard Hakluyt

Field Marshal edition pre-ordered  :cool:

I shall probably play the Soviet Union for my first game, it is usually pretty forgiving when one is cocking things up.

DGuller

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 01, 2016, 04:58:08 PM
I shall probably play the Soviet Union for my first game, it is usually pretty forgiving when one is cocking things up.
:yes:

Zanza

To preorder or not to preorder, that's the question. If this is a turd, I would be annoyed.

jimmy olsen

So the Let's Plays must look pretty good if people are preordering after the HoI 3 debacle?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2016, 04:37:01 AM
So the Let's Plays must look pretty good if people are preordering after the HoI 3 debacle?

Or people are suckers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2016, 04:37:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2016, 04:37:01 AM

Or people are suckers.

Can they count?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

I think Pdox is going out of its way to NOT make HOI III, so we'll see.
Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

HOI 3 scared me off enough to not preorder.  But if people report back that it is good then I will get it.

Zanza

I've looked into a handful of Let's Plays and still can't say whether this is a good or not. I loved HoI2, so I would like this to be good.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2016, 11:46:48 AM
Anyone watching quill18's series?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiqAAGj79hc&list=PLs3acGYgI1-stmmaOdyLR1FS1hvUIflCL

I watched the first three.

Not sure what to think. Seems like they definately went the other way of HOIIII by removing as much micro management as possible, but it almost seems a bit arcady to me now. Seems like you don't even need transport ships anymore.

On the forum there's much fear of a really weak AI being discussed. Seems like most you tubers are able to win on first go. I'm downloading tomorrow, we shall see.
Civis Romanus Sum

Richard Hakluyt

The AI does look weak. On the other hand it will probably get stronger as time passes and may not be so weak if one avoids gamey exploits.