News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reluctant Admiral 6.6 - calling Baron vS!

Started by grumbler, February 27, 2014, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 08, 2013, 12:09:39 PM
(From an old thread)
I'm going to play with RA, but since RA 6.0 should be released any day now I'm not going to start an AAR for one yet.  I like the idea of playing the Japanese for the initial expansion and will do so, though my wife will complain. :P 

Have you tried RA 6.6 yet?  I'd be interested in your impressions.  To me, it seems like overkill as far as historicity is concerned (8 Shokaku class carriers?  Does anyone think that is really even possible?), but it makes for a completely different game.  The Japanese can continue to expand into 1943, and the US and UK get some non-historical units as well - BB Washington is complete, and all of the Colorados, including Washington, are undergoing modernization to something like the post-PH WeeVee secondary.  Plus the USN gets the planned CLV (though-deck cruiser, with a Brooklyn's forward guns and a 30-plane flight deck aft), which is more a curiosity than anything else.

Interested in your impressions.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Haven't played it yet, but will.  My PBEM with Drakken got derailed by the continual delays in RA updates, then I got distracted by real life. :P