The World’s 85 Richest People Own as Much as the 3.5 Billion Poorest

Started by jimmy olsen, January 21, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2015, 08:55:53 PM
Or "misplaced."  Or "spent."  The possibilities are "endless."

I'll go with 'misplaced' and perhaps someone else pick it up?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

I'm working on a new theory of extremism.  Originally it was only meant to apply to political extremism, but I think it might work for any kind of extremism.

Two characteristics I've identified so far that are shared by all extremists: a proclivity for inductive reasoning, and a tendency to rageaholism.

Siege

Have you noticed how Barack Hussein never mentions the name of Mohammed? That is because if he did, he would have to add "peace be upon his name" after saying that name, and then we would all know for a fact that he is a muslim.
He said that the future does not belong to the slanders of the prophet of Islam, instead of saying the actual name of the dude.
So we need someone to challenge President Hussein to say the name of Mohammed.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on January 21, 2015, 12:13:28 PM
Have you noticed how Barack Hussein never mentions the name of Mohammed? That is because if he did, he would have to add "peace be upon his name" after saying that name, and then we would all know for a fact that he is a muslim.

He also has to tell us if he's a cop if we ask him and he can't lie, or it's entrapment.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Well, my cursory google search couldn't find any evidence to debunk Siege's claim, though nearly all the stories I found were about the one speech to the UN.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 21, 2015, 12:32:00 PM
Well, my cursory google search couldn't find any evidence to debunk Siege's claim, though nearly all the stories I found were about the one speech to the UN.

Well don't worry he did in a speech "A New Beginning" by President Barack Obama, Cairo. June 4th 2009.

QuoteToo many tears have been shed. Too much blood has been shed. All of us have a responsibility to work
for the dawhen the mothers of Israelis and Palestinians can see their children grow up without fear; when
the Holy Land of the three great faiths is the place of peace that God intended it to be; when Jerusalem is
a secure and lasting home for Jews and Christians and Muslims, and a place for all of the children of
Abraham to mingle peacefully together as in the story of Isra—as in the story of Isra, when Moses, Jesus,
and Mohammed, peace be upon them, joined in prayer

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-cairo-university-6-04-09
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Of course, he did sort of say what Siegy said he would need to. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

What are you laughing about, you enemy of freedom of expression?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on January 21, 2015, 01:24:23 PM
What are you laughing about, you enemy of freedom of expression?

They do say there are no stupid ideas...
Experience bij!

Siege

Sorry, my last one for 11B4V, not for you guys.
You guys are cool.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2015, 12:40:24 PM
Of course, he did sort of say what Siegy said he would need to. :D

Indeed, and he camouflaged it by adding the names of the other dudes.
Had he mentioned Mohammed alone he would have come out of the closet.