Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Started by 11B4V, January 14, 2014, 07:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

That had a different result than the field test I was thinking of.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on January 16, 2014, 04:49:41 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 16, 2014, 04:44:48 PM
There was a field test 11 years ago when a forumite fought off a horde of humans less than half his size.
:lol:
That gang of kids I fought off in Manilla wasn't that long ago...oh, a Bmollson reference. Haven't thought of him in ages.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on January 16, 2014, 11:27:51 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 16, 2014, 11:22:33 AM
Now, just how many midgets would it take to subdue a lion?  :hmm: Maybe this hoax needs to be tested anyway.  :menace:

I think it depends which lion we are talking about.  I bet it wouldn't take that many to subdue Matthew Stafford.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Capetan Mihali

Here's an article I stumbled upon that's so ridiculous I momentarily thought it was a hoax:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/oct/26/aa-gill-shot-baboon

AA Gill shot baboon 'to see what it would be like to kill someone'

• Restaurant critic says he felt urge to be a primate killer
• Animal campaigners attack 'indefensible' action

Robert Booth   

The Guardian, Monday 26 October 2009 18.55 EDT   

Animal welfare groups voiced outrage today after the restaurant critic AA Gill said he shot a baboon on safari "to get a sense of what it might be like to kill someone".

In a Sunday Times column, Gill recounted in detail how he shot the creature from 250 yards while hunting in "a truck full of guns and other blokes" in Tanzania. He said he felt the urge to be "a recreational primate killer" before shooting the animal through the lung.

"This is morally completely indefensible," said Steve Taylor, a spokesman for the League Against Cruel Sports. "If he wants to know what it like to shoot a human, he should take aim at his own leg. When man interacts with animals he owes a duty of care. If you are killing to eat, that is a different matter. This is killing for fun".

Gill wrote: "I took him just below the armpit. He slumped and slid sideways. I'm told they can be tricky to shoot: they run up trees, hang on for grim life. They die hard, baboons. But not this one. A soft-nosed .357 blew his lungs out."

Claire Bass, wildlife manager at the World Society for the Protection of Animals: "It's hard to say what's sadder – the unnecessary death of a healthy baboon or that he has so little regard for the life of another creature. The vast majority of visitors to the Serengeti have a fantastic time shooting with cameras, not guns. We condemn the killing and the crude portrayal of it as 'entertainment' in Gill's column."

Guy Norton, who studies the behaviour of baboons in Makumi National Park in Tanzania, said baboons are "sentient and feeling animals" and display similar characteristics to humans with strong parental bonds and sociable group behaviour.

"I can understand the repulsion people are feeling because it is hard to see why he would do this in the first place," said Norton. "I can understand it if there was a purpose, but what Gill is talking about is not responsible hunting."

He added that the animal described by Gill sounded like an olive baboon, which is not endangered.

Gill admitted he had no good reason for killing the animal. "I know perfectly well there is absolutely no excuse for this," he wrote. "There is no mitigation. Baboon isn't good to eat, unless you're a leopard. The feeble argument of culling and control is much the same as for foxes: a veil for naughty fun. I wanted to get a sense of what it might be like to kill someone, a stranger. You see it in all those films: guns and bodies, barely a close-up of reflection or doubt. What does it really feel like to shoot someone, or someone's close relative?"

Baboons are seen as a threat by some people in Tanzania because they raid crops, and farmers who need to control their populations can apply for licences to kill them in some areas. They have been classed as vermin in the country and often live on the edges of farming areas.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

QuoteIf he wants to know what it like to shoot a human, he should take aim at his own leg.

Presumably he doesn't want to know what it's like to be shot in the leg, Steve.

Siege

How in the world is shooting a baboon equal to shooting a human?
I have never seen or heard of a baboon with guns, IEDs, or with a crazy retarded religion.

Siege

Eddie Teach

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Josquius

Quote from: Siege on January 17, 2014, 04:02:56 PM
How in the world is shooting a baboon equal to shooting a human?
I have never seen or heard of a baboon with a crazy retarded religion.

They hang around the edge of farming areas and have big noses. They sound like Jews to me :contract:
██████
██████
██████