Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Started by 11B4V, January 14, 2014, 07:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Endangered lions get their licks in.  :lol:

QuoteLion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

pectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city's coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they "... could out-wit and out-muscle [it]."

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

http://www.ast.leeds.ac.uk/~jh/BBC_NEWS.htm
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

grumbler

A hoax that continues to out gullible people after almost nine years?  That would make its creator proud, if he or she was still around.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on January 15, 2014, 07:29:15 AM
A hoax that continues to out gullible people after almost nine years?  That would make its creator proud, if he or she was still around.
Probably fed himself or herself to a lion in a fit of existential irony.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 15, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

:yes: If you are a hoaxter, after pulling off such a coup as to get the BBC to report your hoax as fact, you'd probably have nothing left to live for.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: grumbler on January 15, 2014, 10:04:32 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 15, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

:yes: If you are a hoaxter, after pulling off such a coup as to get the BBC to report your hoax as fact, you'd probably have nothing left to live for.

Not true. You still got the Paparazzi, I mean, the Illuminati, the Elders of Zion, Atlantis, Aliens, and, dare I say, the Moon?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Savonarola

Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2014, 07:27:30 PM

Ndamukong Suh has really gotten out of control.  :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on January 16, 2014, 11:03:40 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2014, 07:27:30 PM

Ndamukong Suh has really gotten out of control.  :(

Gotta have some way to stay in shape in the off-season.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Now, just how many midgets would it take to subdue a lion?  :hmm: Maybe this hoax needs to be tested anyway.  :menace:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 16, 2014, 11:22:33 AM
Now, just how many midgets would it take to subdue a lion?  :hmm: Maybe this hoax needs to be tested anyway.  :menace:

I think it depends which lion we are talking about.  I bet it wouldn't take that many to subdue Matthew Stafford.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.