News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Loading Movie Files

Started by Monoriu, December 24, 2013, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Well, if money is not a problem, then yeah, 512gb is a good choice.

There are also hybrid HDD-SSD with 1TB storage and more.
Stuff like this: http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/internal-hard-drives/solid-state-hybrid/desktop-solid-state-hybrid-drive/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on December 29, 2013, 09:44:45 PM
Well, if money is not a problem, then yeah, 512gb is a good choice.

There are also hybrid HDD-SSD with 1TB storage and more.
Stuff like this: http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/internal-hard-drives/solid-state-hybrid/desktop-solid-state-hybrid-drive/

Of course money is a big problem.  I just want to avoid spending even more money in the future by solving all the problems now. 

The only thing I know about computers is how to switch them on, and sometimes not even that.  So I am sceptical about unproven new computer technology.  I'll let others try them out first.  I'll stick to SSDs and HDD for now. 

viper37

hybrid HDD-SSD have been around since the SSD arrived on the market, but in the past, they were more business-oriented (some servers or very intensive applications).  At 300$, it's a bargain compared to the 1000$ of the past. 

It's possibly more useful to you than a 512gb SSD where you will need to shuffle your applications&games from the HDD to the SSD constantly to gain the performance bonus.  You'll need an app like Steam Mover.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on January 08, 2014, 04:25:22 PM
hybrid HDD-SSD have been around since the SSD arrived on the market, but in the past, they were more business-oriented (some servers or very intensive applications).  At 300$, it's a bargain compared to the 1000$ of the past. 

It's possibly more useful to you than a 512gb SSD where you will need to shuffle your applications&games from the HDD to the SSD constantly to gain the performance bonus.  You'll need an app like Steam Mover.

Kinda late.  I bought the 500G SSD almost immediately after I made the last post  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on January 08, 2014, 08:02:23 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 08, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

Kinda late.  I bought the 500G SSD almost immediately after I made the last post  :lol:
sorry :(  Holiday times was... busy :)