News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Brain, December 23, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Assuming the writer is a journalist rather than an antiquities professor, it was actually quite good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2013, 05:37:12 AM
http://www.der-postillon.com/2013/12/heiden-beklagen-unterwanderung-von.html

My (probably sucky) translation from German:

QuotePagans lament subversion of Holy Night by Middle Eastern redeemer religion

Is the polytheistic Occident dismantling itself? Pagan priests in Germany lament that the traditional festivities on 25th December in honor of the birth of the Unconquered Sun God are increasingly undermined by a strange religion from the Middle East. Instead of hustling after the newfangled Jesus-fad, people should remember the origins of the Holidays.

In a press release the Roman-Pagan Priesthood reminds that the birthday of the Sun God (Sol Invcitus) is an elementary part of occidental tradition.

Only the foreign infiltration by southern migrants ("Christians") and converts has led to to a slow corrosion of the actual values of the celebrations.

These days there's even chocolate depictions of bearded men from Southern Turkey ("Saint Nicholas") being handed out to children.

"If we don't face this increasing Political Correctness, no one will remember the original meaning behind the facade of the Holy Night in future," the press release says. This is not about consumerism, the family or any births in stables.

The original message of the holidays unites all people: "With the virgin birth of the Unconquered Sun God we mark that the fucking winter is half way over. If that is no Good News, then I don't know."

"Even stole the sun halo from Sol Invictus: Jesus"

I guess they are unaware that Sol Invictus is middle Eastern Deity, or that the theory that Christians stole the holiday from the pagans is fairly weak.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2013, 10:05:23 AM
Assuming the writer is a journalist rather than an antiquities professor, it was actually quite good.

It's from a satirical site.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2013, 12:46:06 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2013, 10:05:23 AM

It's from a satirical site.

It's hard to tell since it's in German.  Besides, it wouldn't be the first German neo-pagans to become concerned about Eastern influences on Germany...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017