Hemlock Grove
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3.4%)
Too far behind/indifferent to decide
11 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi

I've only seen six minutes of Masters of Sex and found it uninteresting.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Only one I've watched was The Blacklist, so voting Too far behind/indifferent to decide.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

You guys think House of Cards sucks?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2013, 11:44:56 AM
You guys think House of Cards sucks?

I thought it was great. Not quite great enough to vote for it, but definitely worth a watch.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

I've only seen Hannibal and House of Cards, both were good, Hannibal was best. I tried watching Dracula and Hello Ladies, but couldn't really get into it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Scipio

Had to flip coin between Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Sleepy Hollow.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

The Larch

celedhring

My favorite series of the year, by far, is The Fall. I suppose the list is restricted to American shows.

Among those listed (and I haven't seen them all), I'm in love with The Americans. The mix of Cold War intrigue and personal drama (and how they relate) works outstandingly well.

Didn't think House of Cards was "best of the year" good, personally. The political intrigue could be fascinating but it's undermined by how cheaply he gets out of dire straits sometimes. But I like it as a meaner version of the West Wing.

Hannibal is a hot mess, but salvaged by everything that revolves around the titular character.

Grey Fox

Voted Orange over the Americans.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2013, 02:56:13 PM
Voted Orange over the Americans.

Is that how the Dutch conquer the US?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Hannibal
The Americans

Everything else.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

Went with Orange is the New Black.  I also enjoy Almost Human and Dracula out of new shows, but I wouldn't consider them "the best new show".  I do want to catch The Americans at some point, as I've always been a big fan of Ms. Russell. :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."