News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CAR

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 18, 2013, 08:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Thinking of trading in my 8 yr old Sonata next week.  Right now I'm interested in the Accord, the Camry, or the Mazder6.  Any thoughts? Will be new, not used.  2013 or 2014.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 18, 2013, 08:40:44 AM
Any thoughts?

You're bragging. :P

But you mean useful ones?  Well, not really.  I like the idea of the post-engine redesign Mustangs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

I have no advice in this.  I bought a brand new Ford Escape last year, and I'd recommend it.  But some of the factors I used, like ability to navigate well through snow, wouldn't really apply to you.  A friend of mine has the Mazda and really likes it, although it's a few years old now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Bragging about buying a mid sized sedan Ide? That'd be kind of pathetic. Not talkign about a Lexus or Genesis here dude.

New England weather and roads mean that snow driving is important.

PDH!

Grey Fox

I don't like your choices of brand.

Go to Hyundai & try their new Sonatas.

Also go to Kia & try the Optima hybrid.

Toyotas are overpriced, Nissans sucks & Mazda has bad paint.

I've got nothing on Hondas, bleh cars.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Why get a new one?  My 8 year old Tacoma is just starting to feel broken in...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Hyundai pissed me off.  Or at least their nearest dealership did.  Fuck 'em.

PDH!

Malthus

I've not yet regretted buying a Subaru Forester.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

frunk

I like my Subaru Outback, although I don't like the look of the new models, too SUVish.

Barrister

Quote from: frunk on December 18, 2013, 01:41:51 PM
I like my Subaru Outback, although I don't like the look of the new models, too SUVish.

Uh, that was always the point of the outback - take a nice unassuming car (Subaru Legacy) and make it look like a truck.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I will recommend a Toyota truck with 4x4.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

frunk

Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2013, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: frunk on December 18, 2013, 01:41:51 PM

Uh, that was always the point of the outback - take a nice unassuming car (Subaru Legacy) and make it look like a truck.

The old style looks a lot more like a station wagon, while the new model looks more like an SUV.  Neither look anything like a truck.  It's a matter of degree.