News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I thought I had drafted a decent druid deck yesterday, really solid, nothing too fancy. And went 0-3.  :blush:

I'm kinda looking froward to their single player campaign, though. That might change, however, when I see the pricing model (will it be a one time charge, or every time you want to run the quasi instance?).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Just went on a epic win streak.

Using my Hunter deck, I went from rank 20 to 13 before I had a loss. I think it was 12 straight wins.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

I really like the board control and synergies a hunter can create with his cards.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

The super aggro lock deck is just killing the game. I just went 1-5 against the same deck 6 times. Lock lock lock lock lock lock. And the exact same deck each time.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

A deck is always killing the game. A new one will emerge when we get new cards.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

True. My bitch might be just a generic bitch about the nature of these kinds of games. This is the first one that I've ever actually put even a modicum of thought into...

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

I think it is but I also think it's the first time that the mainstream MinMaxers get their hands on one of those. This is more than just the MTG crowd, it's the WoW Raiders this time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

It's a function of the card set not being particularly mature.  At best there are going to be some decks that dominate others, but ideally it should be of the nature of a rock/paper/scissors battle between competing strategies.  Right now Hearthstone doesn't have that, primarily because there are certain powers/cards that are outright better than others and don't have good counters.

Syt

I keep playing my gimmicky priest now and then, and I added Lorewalker Cho for more hilarity (whenever someone plays a spell, the opponent gets a copy of it into their hand).

It's the kind of deck that can have you dead on turn 7, or win a game with Ragnaros, 3 8/8 frostwolf champions and a 4/14 taunt on your side of the board.  :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I picked up Magic 2015, and man is it refreshing to have deckbuilder with interesting choices.  I still hate the land system of Magic (gives too many swingy draws), the interface isn't nearly as slick and polished as Hearthstone, the pace of play is slower (it has to be due to the more complicated interactions) but the deckbuilding interface is well designed and lets you quickly build fun and funky decks.

Syt

Just played against another priest (need to make it back to rank 20 for the card back ...). At turn 9 I had two Mogushan Wardens with 9/9.

Mogushan Warden: 1/7, stolen from him with Mindgames.
Added two health with Shield.
Used divine spirit to bring up set attack to the same value as health.
On his turn he didn't damage it.
So next turn I used Void Walker.

Obviously my opponent, with 9 health left, then thought, "fuck it, might at least go out in style." He doubled health for one of my Wardens, added two health, doubled health again and then used Divine Spirit, so that I could kill him with a 40/40 Warden. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

I really got into this game. Favourite classes are Mage and Warrior. And the adventure mode with Naxxramas is fun.

celedhring

I'm bored and on holidays, so I installed this thing today. I used to be in Paradox's raiding guild back in the time, so there's a bit of nostalgia at play.

celedhring

Well, this is fun. Cleared the Spider wing of Naxxramas even quicker than we did back in proper WoW.

Martinus

Wait till you get to the Construct wing, celed. That second boss is a bitch.