News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2014, 09:52:06 AM
I was playing last night, and had the "Win two games as a warrior/pallie" quest. Went from rank 13 to rank 18 trying to get those two wins, and gave up.

There should be a way to deliberately drop a few ranks without having to lose games.

celedhring

I play unranked when I get a quest I don't have a good deck for. I find it easier.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on September 15, 2014, 06:31:38 PM
I play unranked when I get a quest I don't have a good deck for. I find it easier.

Ayuh.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Went 11-3 in arena last night.  I am really annoyed at myself for not getting that last win.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

What hero?  :unsure:

Was a Paladin.  Last game was against a mage who got three Flamestrikes in a row.  I overcommitted after the second, not expecting a third.  Game over.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I never do well in the arena. :(

Habbaku

If you want to improve your arena game, do some digging around on Icy Veins and take a look at their priority lists.  Also read the primer there on arenas and getting value for your cards in general.

In addition, the YouTube streamer Trump is widely-regarded as one of the best arena players and you'd learn a lot from watching him in action.  He recently began a training series to test deck-building skills along with providing explanations for why you'd pick one over another :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDwE1mAHOaM

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

When you are 25-~20 ranks, Casual can actually be harder.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

That's not really saying much, though. At those ranks, you're up against people that forget to do basic things like attack with their minions.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Habbaku

Sigh.  Happened again.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

At least the rewards are good.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Hey that's me! Always online.

Berkut

Man, I just really, really suck. Had *two* 0-3 trips into the Arena last night.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned