Main Menu

Leggy Dane gets Obama in hot water

Started by citizen k, December 11, 2013, 12:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on December 11, 2013, 12:54:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2013, 12:51:02 AM
Why don't I ever get to be black?

Didn't you sign that away when you joined the GOP?

No, I think I just checked a box.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2013, 12:48:57 AM
Wut? :huh:

I thought I had already told this story.  Bill Russell's daughter roomed with a chick friend of mine in grad school.  I went to her birthday party, where she was blitzed, and she tried to feel me up in the bar.

Josquius

Obama knows he is getting fired in a few years. He can act however he wants.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 11, 2013, 01:01:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2013, 12:48:57 AM
Wut? :huh:

I thought I had already told this story.  Bill Russell's daughter roomed with a chick friend of mine in grad school.  I went to her birthday party, where she was blitzed, and she tried to feel me up in the bar.
Aww... I thought you were making a reference to when George Stephanopolous mistook Bill Russell for Morgan Freeman at Obama's inauguration.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/bill-russell-morgan-freeman-george-stephanopoulos_n_2521105.html
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Viking

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2013, 12:51:02 AM
Why don't I ever get to be black?

The world of opportunities is wonderous....

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

dps

Aside from being old, black, and having a beard, the guy doesn't look at all like Bill Russell.

KRonn

Funny pics! Everyone is so somber but Pres Obama and the Danish PM are yukking it up. But I love how after a while Michelle is seated between them both.   :D   

PDH

Of course she looks pissed off, she is a wife.  It is what they do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: dps on December 11, 2013, 06:35:38 AM
Aside from being old, black, and having a beard, the guy doesn't look at all like Bill Russell.

His beard color and style are somewhat reminiscent of the "rent is too damned high" dude.  I don't see Bill Russell though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Pretty funny. I imagine she was more pissed at the flirting than the joking and taking "selfies" while at a memorial. Neither are very presidential.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Sheilbh

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 11, 2013, 09:44:05 AM
Pretty funny. I imagine she was more pissed at the flirting than the joking and taking "selfies" while at a memorial. Neither are very presidential.
To be fair if you watch the memorial you'll understand :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 11, 2013, 09:47:30 AM

Most other people you see in the crowd appear pretty solemn.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 11, 2013, 09:47:30 AM

Most other people you see in the crowd appear pretty solemn.
At that moment. Every time they showed to the heads of government and state enclosure I was reminded of the old Irish saying that a funeral's a great place to do business.

For the rest it was in a huge football stadium, pissing down with rain. They had to turn off the big screens after the crowd booed every time the camera showed Jacob Zuma. So even if there would have been solemn moments they were kind of stymied by the crowd not being able to see anything. Instead there was a constant background noise and dancing (some behind the podium) with occasional cheers and boos for the different speakers. And it went on for a very long time.
Let's bomb Russia!

Siege

Is she the hottest PM/President in the wold?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 11, 2013, 09:56:07 AM
At that moment. Every time they showed to the heads of government and state enclosure I was reminded of the old Irish saying that a funeral's a great place to do business.

Hmm.  Still, as POTUS you gotta be the example.

It's vaguely reminiscent of Bill Clinton walking in to the Ron Brown memorial, except that Bill knew how to shift gears when he saw the cameras. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf8TOGrq8Bo‎