News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

What the fuck, grow a pair of balls and say something back.
Are you going to let yourself be bullied in the friggin internet????

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

LaCroix

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2014, 12:24:44 PM
That Ukraine Live Blog had an unsubstantiated report that Russian troops were massing near that corner where the Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia borders converge.  This happens to be the Russian territory that is closest to Kiev.

That area is pretty much ground zero for the Chernobyl radiation. :D
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Viking

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 02, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

That area is pretty much ground zero for the Chernobyl radiation. :D

Do you need a quick explanation of how radiation and radioactive pollution works?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

The Russian is close to the same as the line from The Simpsons. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

But noone will ever know, because it's in Russian.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Queequeg

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2014, 04:51:12 PM
There are multiple Russophone posters here. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 02:54:33 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 02, 2014, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2014, 01:43:24 PM
QuoteThe Invasion Of Crimea Is Russia's Worst Foreign Policy Blunder In A Generation

I agree.

Only if Russia loses.
An Israeli fails to understand the negative diplomatic and economic consequences of annexing a small scrap of land from a neighboring country.  Somehow unsurprising. 

Or correctly points out that there won't be much of one. ;)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on March 02, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
i haven't altered my points at all. all i've seen coming from you is insults, not actual arguments. i made a few replies to your posts earlier in the thread, but you ignored them.. then out of no where just came a full out attack where you accused me of a lot of things. it was seriously bizarre, and i'm still not sure where the hostility stemmed from. it was a real chris christie moment. but if you're backing out of the discussion, that's fine. and i might have to consider taco bell once i've graduated from law school :D

That's just the way Otto is.  he cannot imagine anyone disagreeing with him unless they are somehow mentally defective, and he expects you to burst into tears when he changes one of the syllables in your user name to "fag."  You have to either try to think like a fourth-grader and respond to his stuff in the same emotional vein in which he posts, or just laugh and point.  There's no sense even trying to pretend you can engage him intellectually.  Sounds like you are going for option 2.  Good.  That's where the smart money goes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

A little more on the propaganda front...reading an article on Vesti.ru, on the "history" of Ukraine's borders...

Executive summary:

Ukraine's borders originated from a Wilsonian plan for dividing up the Russian Empire's western border post WWI, including an independent Ukraine owning Crimea...at the behest of U.S. intelligence services. During WW2, Ukrainian nationalists collaborate with Nazis, massacre Jews and Poles.  And in the end, Ukraine has it's western border that was set by the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, and was given the Crimea by Khrushchev...which ironically, is what U.S. intelligence had wanted all along.

alfred russel

Quote from: LaCroix on March 02, 2014, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 02, 2014, 04:04:10 PM
What the fuck is Lacroix doing in this thread?

:(

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in OvB's and Seige's opinions on this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 04:55:27 PM

I'm not one of them, and I would like to understand the joke. Can you provide a translation?

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 04:55:27 PM
So you're a fucking asshole then?