News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Norfolk Police Warn of Alarming Clown Epidemic

Started by Malthus, November 29, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Nice to know Monty Python wasn't creating fiction when it came to the Brits.  :lol:

QuoteA police force has told members of the public to ignore people dressed as clowns if they meet them in the street.

Norfolk police received a report from a member of the public alarmed by a clown sighting in Gaywood, near King's Lynn, on Tuesday evening.

<snip>

Superintendent Carl Edwards said no one had been injured or assaulted. He added that it seemed whoever was behind the makeup was probably trying to shock people and it was best not to give them the attention.

Officers would patrol areas where the reports had been made and, if they found any clowns, they would "offer them strong words of advice", he said. "Firstly I'd like to stress that it isn't against the law to dress up as a clown.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/28/norfolk-police-warn-alarm-clown-norfolk

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Iormlund

Understandable. If they don't come down hard on those clowns they are going to be up to their balls in jugglers.

sbr

How do you kill a troupe of circus performers?

[spoiler]Go for the juggler[/spoiler]

mongers

There's been a clown epidemic in East Anglia for some time now, they usually go on to careers in the local police force.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

A clown epidemic is worse than a zombie apocalypse. Clowns have bigger feet, can run faster, and an enormous number of them can squeeze into a tiny space.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Let's hope the clowns aren't laying any mime fields!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Quote from: sbr on November 29, 2013, 10:46:26 AM
How do you kill a troupe of circus performers?

[spoiler]Go for the juggler[/spoiler]
:pinch:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Darth Wagtaros

It is a posse of insane clowns? Or perhaps a kabal of killer klowns from, perhaps, outer space?
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on November 29, 2013, 11:12:31 AM
A clown epidemic is worse than a zombie apocalypse. Clowns have bigger feet, can run faster, and an enormous number of them can squeeze into a tiny space.
Tragically true. :(

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point