Previous topic - Next topic

Which game should I buy from Steam?

TES: Oblivion + addons (which ones?)
1 (5%)
TES: Skyrim + addons (which ones?)
11 (55%)
Fallout 3 + addons (which ones?)
0 (0%)
Fallout: New Vegas + addons (which ones?)
5 (25%)
None of the above, get Kerbal Space Program isntead
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pedrito

Steam sale's up, and as usual it makes me want to burn some money, so:

- I never played a Bethesda game
- I don't like First Person, I'll surely play the game with a third person perspective.
- I hate mouse+keyboard, the combination strains my wrists, so I'll play with a controller (Logitech Rumblepad)
- all of the games are on sale these days, many of them with the GOTY edition that includes most of the addons
- the gaming rig is pretty good if not properly new: i5-2500, 8GB RAM, GeForce 560GT.
- mods will be heavily used, and will be discussed after the choice is made.

Thanks

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

New Vegas and Skyrim. But if you HAVE to choose, then New Vegas.

Caliga

Disagree.  Both are great, but Skyrim is the greatest CRPG of all time.  I mentioned in another thread that I've been playing it (with varying degrees of intensity) pretty much since it first came out.  I was playing it last night, in fact (it runs perfectly smoothly on max settings on my new PC  :cool: )
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Fallout 3 > New Vegas
I'm not sure on where Oblivion fits in.
Never played Skyrim.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 28, 2013, 06:23:07 AM
Disagree.  Both are great, but Skyrim is the greatest CRPG of all time.  I mentioned in another thread that I've been playing it (with varying degrees of intensity) pretty much since it first came out.  I was playing it last night, in fact (it runs perfectly smoothly on max settings on my new PC  :cool:

Agree that Skyrim's a better game than NV (which is, in turn, much better than FO3, which is better than Oblivion), but there are a lot of great mods for FONV, and not so many for Skyrim yet.

It really probably comes down to which fictional world he is more interested in: classic fantasy, or post-apocalyptic.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pedrito

I like both the settings, with a slight preference for post-apocalyptic. I'd give FO the edge because of the long range combat, that I prefer when playing real time combat games, too.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

11B4V

Buy them all. Look for the GOTY editions
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Pedrito

Ok, I'm gonna buy FNV (plus addons) and leave Skyrim for the Christmas sale. If I get the right discount, I could pull the trigger on Fallout 3 GOTY, too.

Can I play it vanilla, or are there any absolutely necessary mods?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

grumbler

Quote from: Pedrito on December 01, 2013, 12:40:19 PM
Ok, I'm gonna buy FNV (plus addons) and leave Skyrim for the Christmas sale. If I get the right discount, I could pull the trigger on Fallout 3 GOTY, too.

Can I play it vanilla, or are there any absolutely necessary mods?

L.
I'd play NV vanilla the first time through. 

Fallout 3 needs the Fallout Wanderer's Edition (from which Obsidian shamelessly stole) for things like hunger and thirst, and to avoid the trench warfare style combat, where everybody takes a dozen bullets to go down.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Skyrim for sheer scale and open-ended play.  Especially if you pick up Dragonborn and Dawnguard.  Hearthfire is an interesting gimmick, but meh overall.
Experience bij!