Why Pecan Pies Have Gotten So Expensive? It’s China’s fault!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 26, 2013, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh I saw pecan pies at the grocery store, baked goods section for 5.99.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2013, 03:14:25 PM
Maybe it's time to start making pies from peanuts.
It can be done.  See my post in the Thanksgiving thread.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

I love pecan pie. But the king of American baked goods is still the pumpkin pie :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on November 27, 2013, 08:31:19 AM
Cal, aren't you growing pecans on that small estate of yours? If not, here's your chance to make some big bucks!
Nah.  I may try those eventually but they take forever to mature and produce nuts.

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 01, 2013, 05:16:24 AM
I love pecan pie. But the king of American baked goods is still the pumpkin pie :mmm:
No way man.  Pecan pie >>>>>>>> pumpkin pie (though I do like the latter).  I had no pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving because I was saving all the room for pie in my belly for pecan pie.

garbon

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2013, 11:53:32 PM
Apple

Agreed.

There is apple pie, then there is everything else.

Every year on my birthday I'm asked what kind of birthday cake I might like.  Each year I reply the same "apple pie".

Only once have I received an apple pie for my birthday. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Apple pie is the Budweiser of pies.

Coconut creme and banana creme are the Champagne pies.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2013, 01:33:47 AM
Apple pie is the Budweiser of pies.

Coconut creme and banana creme are the Champagne pies.

Strenuously disagree.

Cream pies are all about the sweet.

An apple pie is more complex - it's the tartness balanced against the sweetness.  It's the in and yang of pies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.