50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President Kennedy.

Started by mongers, November 22, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Not shown is that that below the arrow is something about Dr. Who.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

The Only Person Who Knew Kennedy And His Killer ?

While in the Soviet Union, Priscilla Johnson McMillan met a young American in her hotel who was trying to defect. His name was Lee Harvey Oswald.

John Meroney

The 50th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination has drawn all manner of retrospectives. But for one woman, the memory of tuning in to the news coverage is particularly poignant. Priscilla Johnson McMillan is the only person who knew both President Kennedy and his killer.

McMillan worked for Kennedy on Capitol Hill in the mid-1950s, when he was a U.S. Senator, advising him on foreign policy matters. She then moved into journalism and in 1959 was stationed in the Soviet Union, reporting for The Progressive and the North American Newspaper Alliance. It was there that she met a 20-year-old American called Lee Harvey Oswald. He was staying in her hotel while trying to defect to the Soviet Union.

McMillan interviewed him. Oswald proceeded to critique the American system and informed her that he was a follower of Karl Marx. "I saw," he said, explaining why he left the U.S., "that I would become either a worker exploited for capitalist profit or an exploiter or, since there are many in this category, I'd be one of the unemployed." On that night in Moscow, Oswald also told McMillan that he had a life mission: "I want to give the people of the United States something to think about."

Rest of  interesting article here, definitely worth a read:
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/11/the-only-person-who-knew-both-kennedy-and-his-killer/281712/

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"