Justice Department vastly underestimating number of rapes in US

Started by jimmy olsen, November 20, 2013, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2013, 07:47:02 AM
Great Sachem, you have seen many winters, and your words are wise.  Horns In His Hair has spoken of 'No Means 'No', and his words are strong.  But what if 'No Really Means Yes', because she likes to play catch-me-catch-me games?

If we remove the word "absolutely" from the dictionary of absolutists, we can translate their sentences into meaningful and realistic concepts. "It is my responsibility to teach my boys that there is no excuse—none—for having sex unless they can be sure the other person wants to."  See how reasonable that sounds once you eliminate the impossible absolutism?

I'd suggest using a safe word for situations like when you help her fulfill her rape fantasies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2013, 12:11:00 AM
Well she seems to indicate that the victim would actually be passed out due to drugs and/or alcohol and I have a hard time imagining having sex with an unconcious person not being counted as rape now. :hmm:
passed out is one thing.  Nearly passed out is almost the same.
But the article, the bits I read, seem to push toward declaring rape the girl that drinks or do drugs, engage in sexual activity then claims she doesn't remember anything about it.  This, I have a problem with.  If you can't stand your liquor and tend to do crazy things, don't drink.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.