News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

states/provinces visited

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: PDH on November 08, 2013, 10:18:59 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2013, 09:28:42 AM

What would you say is the minimum days to make it worth it a visit to Yellowstone?

Depends on what you want.  If you are just going to watch geysers, bother wildlife, and other touristy things you can do it in a couple of days.  If you want to see more of the back country and get chased by grizzlies as well as see the tourist stuff then it can be longer.  There is a lot to see there, a lot.  It is a huge place with many hidden gems only reachable by foot.

It has been on my To Do List for a long time. I don't have the time next year when I go to CO, but maybe in 2015. I'd like to do a more northern route back home to include Glacier in MT, Grand Teton and Yellowstone in WY and Mt Rushmore and Badlands in SD.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2013, 12:20:56 PM
It has been on my To Do List for a long time. I don't have the time next year when I go to CO, but maybe in 2015. I'd like to do a more northern route back home to include Glacier in MT, Grand Teton and Yellowstone in WY and Mt Rushmore and Badlands in SD.

I recommend a couple hours at Little Big Horn.

Razgovory

I somewhat bothered by the fact that Viking has spent so much time in Missouri.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2013, 12:50:50 PM

I need some place from where to launch my surprise attack on you.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

I heard he likes visiting the Rush Limbaugh bust in the statehouse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on November 08, 2013, 01:03:07 PM

See, this is why I'm worried.  I don't like people launching surprise attacks on me. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I figured he was going to drill all that sweet Missouri oil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2013, 01:25:00 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 08, 2013, 01:03:07 PM

See, this is why I'm worried.  I don't like people launching surprise attacks on me. :(

I suggest you lock yourself in your basement and stay off the internet, because that is how I will track you down.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt