News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

LAX Being Evacuated

Started by Admiral Yi, November 01, 2013, 11:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Breaking story on CNN.

Possible shooting incident at Los Angeles International Airport.

Spellcheck doesn't like Los Angeles?  :huh:

garbon

They've said that TSA employee was injured in shooting!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

LAX :bleeding:

Santa Barbara :thumbsup:

Orange County :thumbsup:

Avoid LAX at all costs if possible.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I don't recall any problems with LAX. Also one of the few airports I know of with an iconic look with that restaurant.

Meanwhile racist Orange County = :x

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2013, 11:57:50 AM
I don't recall any problems with LAX. Also one of the few airports I know of with an iconic look with that restaurant.

I thought Orange County was a Republican stronghold. :huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

It's overcrowded as fuck?  Clearing security at the other two is like clearing security in Louisville (i.e. takes like 5 minutes).

:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 01, 2013, 12:04:46 PM
It's overcrowded as fuck?  Clearing security at the other two is like clearing security in Louisville (i.e. takes like 5 minutes).

And that's different from any other major airport in a major city?

Quote from: Caliga on November 01, 2013, 12:04:46 PM
:blink:

What?

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 01, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

I thought Orange County was a Republican stronghold. :huh:

Exactly?

lustindarkness

QuoteLOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Authorities were responding to a "multi-patient incident" at the Los Angeles International Airport on Friday and California media reported that a gunman with a high-powered rifle was shot by law enforcement.

The airport said on social media that there was "an incident underway at LAX." A local CBS affiliate reported that a gunman had been shot and secured by law enforcement, and that some passengers were being evacuated from a terminal.

Passenger Robert Perez told the CBS affiliate that airport security agents had come through the terminal shouting that a man had a gun.

"I heard popping and everybody dropped to the ground," Perez said.

The Los Angeles Fire Department described the situation as a "multi-patient incident," and said it was assisting law enforcement at the scene, according to its website.

Television images on cable network CNN showed at least one person being loaded into one of several ambulances at the scene, and passengers were seen being evacuated from the area.

Footage showed emergency responders setting up what appeared to be a triage area outside an airport terminal.

Airport police and airport officials would not offer any additional information.

I hope the bolded part is changed in later reports, like it usual.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Siege

Can we ask the President to stand down for not enforcing proper Force Protection?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Siege on November 01, 2013, 01:06:30 PM
Can we ask the President to stand down for not enforcing proper Force Protection?

You can.  Let us know if he agrees.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi