NFL Week 9: The Al-Cincy terror network must be stopped, and soon

Started by CountDeMoney, October 31, 2013, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

The fuck...?  Hahaha.  No idea how that happened.  I smell mod influence. :lol:

edit:  Also, I haven't been that negative this year aside from my horrible luck in LFFL.  I'm quite pleased with how the Raiders are doing and the Weeden-free Browns are doing as well.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

I'll give sbr a pass. He's an old like me. We are allowed to be grumpy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 01, 2013, 04:02:30 PM
The fuck...?  Hahaha.  No idea how that happened.  I smell mod influence. :lol:

edit:  Also, I haven't been that negative this year aside from my horrible luck in LFFL.  I'm quite pleased with how the Raiders are doing and the Weeden-free Browns are doing as well.

I don't remember any other run-ins with you, but I usually only respond with "rage and bitchiness" for a reason. :)

Now I am bringing your post from the other thread over here so we don't have 2 NFL threads going at once.

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 31, 2013, 05:26:21 PM
He got arrested after he left the NFL, so it isn't like that was a magic cure-all.  Also, he's still hanging around with his old crew, he's got firearms he likes to use often, he's back in school, but it doesn't seem to be overly serious, and I wouldn't say he admitted shit other than that he fucked up.  I don't see any degree of sorrow or remorse over his actions.  I hope he does turn it around, I just don't see enough legitimate signs from that article.

First I don't think anyone said walking away from football was an immediate magic cure-all.  And unless the article is factually incorrect, which is possible because I haven't fact checked it myself, his last arrest was in April and that is what made him re-prioritize his life which made him realize how unimportant football was.  He retired from the Ravens the next month.

The article makes it clear he has cut ties with almost all of his old crew.

Quote"Then he cut off most of his old crew and family, telling most of them in person that he was starting a new life without them, before vowing never again to set foot in Decatur. And he returned to Tuscaloosa, hoping to turn back the clock."

Oh no, a 24 year old southern male who likes firearms!!  He says he uses them to kill copperheads while fishing.  He is legally allowed to own a firearm.

He is back is school as a very wealthy 24 year old that needs 16 credits to graduate.  You think he is taking 16 hours of 400+ level classes all at once?  The author of the story was following him around on a day he had no classes.  What from the article makes you think he isn't taking school seriously?

Maybe he didn't admit anything, but he seems to have taken ownership of his past mistakes and is trying very hard to not repeat them.

Your response looked like it was from someone who didn't read the article, or just didn't want to believe the guy wasn't a horrible person because his favorite team blew a high draft choice on him.  If either of those are incorrect, then OK.

sbr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

And this is why Languish remains more fun than beating one's dick with a ball peen hammer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on November 01, 2013, 06:58:25 PM
And this is why Languish remains more fun than beating one's dick with a ball peen hammer.

I dunno, depends on which end: the flat head or the rib splitter.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe San Francisco Chronicle will stop using the name "Redskins" for the Washington, D.C., NFL team, managing editor Audrey Cooper confirmed to POLITICO.

"Words are powerful, and so is how we choose to use them," Cooper said in an email. "Our long-standing policy is to not use racial slurs — and make no mistake, 'redskin' is a slur — except in cases where it would be confusing to the reader to write around it. For example, we will use the team name when referring to the controversy surrounding its use."

Cooper said she doubts any regular reader of the Chronicle or website SFGate.com would have noticed the choice to use "Washington" instead of the team name, and that they are choosing to use another word that "accurately describes what we are writing about."

According to reports, the change was announced internally on Oct. 25.

"We are not the first media outlet to make this change, and I know we will not be the last," Cooper said.

The Kansas City Star  :lol: and Slate.com have also stopped using the term Redskins to describe the team. NBC sportscaster Bob Costas, conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer and even President Barack Obama have all suggested the team change its name.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Kinda digging the Foreskins' alternate unis today;  much more subdued than those god-awful Billy Kilmer yellow pants.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Berkut's pants are a dairy factory?

Not to mention Funk's :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Well that was a nice win.  I have not gotten to say that about the ol' insensitive racial slurs much this season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."