PsyOps soldier criticizes Army Comrades' Tea Party Ideology

Started by Syt, October 28, 2013, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 29, 2013, 11:24:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on October 29, 2013, 07:12:54 PM
This guy sounds like a total loser. I don't remember us ever sitting around watching TV all day at work. Indeed, I don't remember there being TVs for us to watch. And I'm not sure how we could listen to Rush Limbaugh on the way to work at 0600 since he doesn't come on the air until 1200. In general PSYOPers tend to be very cynical towards all politicians since we see their BS for what it is - but we are even more cynical towards all news media because the politicians are rank amateurs compared to them. The author certainly seems to have a lot of personal problems he is projecting on his fellow Soldiers. Probably suffers delusions of adequacy.

Well he is in psych ops and they are professional liars.  You can't trust any of them.  For instance, you claim that Rush doesn't come on at 6 in the morning, but that's not entirely accurate.  He does those morning updates.  In fact, a little searching shows that a radio station in Western North Carolina carries them right around 6 in the morning.  http://tunein.com/radio/options/Rush-Limbaugh-Morning-Update-p157462/

Too bad Fort Bragg is in eastern NC and there is no way somebody could get a radio signal from western NC there.

You said he is not on the radio at 6 AM  that wasn't true.  The list up there isn't exhaustive since I've heard his radio broadcasts in the morning as well, and my local station is there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 30, 2013, 12:06:07 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2013, 11:39:43 PM
Yes, I'm sure the guy just made it up that his coworkers sometimes listened to Rush Limbaugh.

Oh, of course some do. It just illustrates that he doesn't really know shit about his coworkers and is merely demonstrating his own ignorance and intolerance. He is just a loser who bad mouths all his coworkers, probably to compensate for his own feelings of inadequacy.

Now I can tell you that, particularly in 9th Bn, PSYOPers tend to develop a certain arrogance, aggressiveness and swagger that some people have a hard time coping with. We usually develop it in 9th Bn since on deployments everybody we work with will considerably outrank us but we have to find a way to assert ourselves in order to influence the supported units.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Sooo.. in response PsyOps soldier criticizes Army Comrades' Anti-Tea Party Ideology.

Is it just me or do none of these PsyOps guys seem to use any of their supposed work related skills to make their case here?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 29, 2013, 11:24:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2013, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on October 29, 2013, 07:12:54 PM
This guy sounds like a total loser. I don't remember us ever sitting around watching TV all day at work. Indeed, I don't remember there being TVs for us to watch. And I'm not sure how we could listen to Rush Limbaugh on the way to work at 0600 since he doesn't come on the air until 1200. In general PSYOPers tend to be very cynical towards all politicians since we see their BS for what it is - but we are even more cynical towards all news media because the politicians are rank amateurs compared to them. The author certainly seems to have a lot of personal problems he is projecting on his fellow Soldiers. Probably suffers delusions of adequacy.

Well he is in psych ops and they are professional liars.  You can't trust any of them.  For instance, you claim that Rush doesn't come on at 6 in the morning, but that's not entirely accurate.  He does those morning updates.  In fact, a little searching shows that a radio station in Western North Carolina carries them right around 6 in the morning.  http://tunein.com/radio/options/Rush-Limbaugh-Morning-Update-p157462/

Too bad Fort Bragg is in eastern NC and there is no way somebody could get a radio signal from western NC there.

:huh:

Satellite radio doesn't exist in NC?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

I love the basic refutation of the article revolves around when Limbauh is on the radio. Because that really is the key idea here.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 10:28:44 AM
Dude doesn't understand what neoliberal means.

From what I have read it means people Europeans think are evil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
From what I have read it means people Europeans think are evil.

Right.  Which is the opposite of the way Dude intended.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on October 30, 2013, 10:16:24 AM
I love the basic refutation of the article revolves around when Limbauh is on the radio. Because that really is the key idea here.

Siege made a compelling argument as well.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2013, 10:28:44 AM
Dude doesn't understand what neoliberal means.
He really doesn't :mellow:

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2013, 10:35:20 AMFrom what I have read it means people Europeans think are evil.
It's an awful, awful word.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall