News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

what happens when you watch to much hentai

Started by Josephus, October 26, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

It's happening everywhere.  We can't love each other any more.  Alfonso Cuaron was right.  Actually, whoever wrote the novel was right, but we can't read anymore either.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Actually, it's a very good article.

QuoteInside, she takes me upstairs to her "relaxation room" – a bedroom with no furniture except a double futon. "It will be quiet in here," she says. Aoyama's first task with most of her clients is encouraging them "to stop apologising for their own physical existence".

That, and a few other quotes, sum up the situation pretty well.  Everything is so hateful today--the world at large, everyone toward everyone else, and even themselves--that it's no surprise that people can't be comfortable with others any longer, and only with themselves because they have no choice.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Scipio

Quote from: Ideologue on October 26, 2013, 08:28:21 PM

QuoteInside, she takes me upstairs to her "relaxation room" – a bedroom with no furniture except a double futon. "It will be quiet in here," she says. Aoyama's first task with most of her clients is encouraging them "to stop apologising for their own physical existence".

That, and a few other quotes, sum up the situation pretty well.  Everything is so hateful today--the world at large, everyone toward everyone else, and even themselves--that it's no surprise that people can't be comfortable with others any longer, and only with themselves because they have no choice.
It's the fault of Protestantism, which is basically gnosticism. If God has no flesh, why should we?

Fucking gnostics.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Don't think it would explain Japan.

No, it's capitalism, which is basically slavery.
Kinemalogue

Scipio

Quote from: Ideologue on October 26, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

Capitalism, which didn't exist before Protestantism, and which is, therefore, supra, gnosticism.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

It's post-Christian mainly. True Believers are still happy to rut about and plop out 3 or more children.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I blame the Japanese economy.  Women are attracted to men who are successful/famous/rich, or men who are dangerous.  Japan is famously conformist, so not many dangerous men, and Japan's economy is stagnating, so few men are successful.

CountDeMoney

Personally, I am much more concerned with the older-American-men-are-not-having-sex-anymore phenomenon.

Ideologue

I would like to get married and have children, but it's just too troublesome--for my prospective wife and potential kids. <_<
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Scipio on October 26, 2013, 09:19:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 26, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

Capitalism, which didn't exist before Protestantism, and which is, therefore, supra, gnosticism.

Protestantism seems to go hand in hand with capitalism.  Japan aside, I am willing to agree that we are both right.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 26, 2013, 09:45:15 PM
I would like to get married and have children, but it's just too troublesome--for my prospective wife and potential kids. <_<

Tell me about it.  Like I need to build more bridges of my bullshit across multiple stakeholder silos.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on October 26, 2013, 09:07:20 PM

It's the fault of Protestantism, which is basically gnosticism. If God has no flesh, why should we?

Fucking gnostics.

You're a good man Scip.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

You make a good point.  You should engage in some fire-related demonstration to really burn the message in the public's collective psyche.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 26, 2013, 09:26:23 PM
I blame the Japanese economy.  Women are attracted to men who are successful/famous/rich, or men who are dangerous.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Japan in particular and everything to do with human evolution.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers