And we're back!

Main Menu

Conspiracy theory of the week

Started by 11B4V, October 25, 2013, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on October 27, 2013, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2013, 12:17:48 PM
I like the Ancient Astronaut conspiracy theory.

You like a lot of conspiracy theories.  People who have a difficult time understanding cause and effect naturally gravitate to them.

Or, in the case of katmai, they gravitate to him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

You like a lot of conspiracy theories.  People who have a difficult time understanding cause and effect naturally gravitate to them.

Cause and effect? What's that?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

Katmai have too much mass.

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2013, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

Katmai have too much mass.

We are the katmai. Resistance is fusball.

lustindarkness

Makes for good "take a nap on the couch TV". I love crazy hair guy in Ancient Aliens.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 28, 2013, 02:17:24 PM

Makes for good "take a nap on the couch TV". I love crazy hair guy in Ancient Aliens.

Me too. It is on all day on the History channel right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

I once watched the Ancient Astronaut show on the History Channel.  I felt stupider after having watched it.   :(

While watching it a premise for a book came to me.  Rival Ancient Astronaut trading houses were working against one in order to dominate their Aztec puppet state and thereby establish a monopoly on the inter-galactic chocolate supply.  In the end they're destroyed by their own greed and we learn that we should all share and share alike.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on October 28, 2013, 02:30:06 PM

I once watched the Ancient Astronaut show on the History Channel.  I felt stupider after having watched it.   :(

While watching it a premise for a book came to me.  Rival Ancient Astronaut trading houses were working against one in order to dominate their Aztec puppet state and thereby establish a monopoly on the inter-galactic chocolate supply.  In the end they're destroyed by their own greed and we learn that we should all share and share alike.

I was always wondered why Aliens would show up to encourage people to build Pyramids or Stonehenge but fail to impart knowledge like the wheel to humanity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

:rolleyes: I pass, like night, from sun to sun; I have strange power of sheesh.

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2013, 02:37:56 PM
I was always wondered why Aliens would show up to encourage people to build Pyramids or Stonehenge but fail to impart knowledge like the wheel to humanity.

Those ancient aliens found human beings delicious.  Stonehenge, which is a calendar for planting, or Pyramids, which gives one a free granary in every city, increased the population; that way the ancient aliens could eat the surplus.  It's a win-win.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

I, jokingly, call us a "slurplus".

Siege

Quote from: Savonarola on October 28, 2013, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2013, 02:37:56 PM

Those ancient aliens found human beings delicious.  Stonehenge, which is a calendar for planting, or Pyramids, which gives one a free granary in every city, increased the population; that way the ancient aliens could eat the surplus.  It's a win-win.

You must be living in an alternate reality.
The Pyramids gives you two free workers and 25% increase in the building speed for land improvements.

Eddie Teach

The Pyramids let you choose any form of government even if you haven't discovered the right tech for it.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2013, 11:02:09 PM
The Pyramids let you choose any form of government even if you haven't discovered the right tech for it.  :P

Not true. You choose your government indirectly by choosing your policies.
I am now Doge Siege because I have been choosing policies in the Commerce policy tree.