News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Conspiracy theory of the week

Started by 11B4V, October 25, 2013, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

:lol: No way in hell. That woman was going down for the count. No faking those movements she did. Seen many people pass out while standing in a formation for example. Lock those knees and you'll hit the ground. 

QuoteConspiracy Theory Emerges That Woman Fainting at Obama Speech Was Staged

Newton's third law needs a rewrite: for every action, there is a nutty conspiracy theory saying said action wasn't what you thought it was. Case in point, remember the woman who fainted at President Obama's big speech this week? Well, there is a conspiracy theory going around that the whole thing was... yep, a hoax.

Karmel Allison, a pregnant woman with Type 1 diabetes, fainted and Obama caught her as she collapsed.

Or rather, that's what they WANT you to think. The Weekly Standard flagged a blog post by someone who argued that the incident was not what it seems.

You will see in the following video that the pregnant woman is standing with a friend who is holding her hand with her arm wrapped around her waist. That is until she starts to "faint". Then she steps slightly aside and never even looks at the women she is holding. She smiles a nervous smile for the camera because she has done her part in this extremely poorly orchestrated drama.

Why would they come up with this transparent attempt to manipulate the low information voters? Who knows? Did it make anyone feel warm and fuzzy for our hero President? Probably. There are a lot of idiots out there.

Media Matters chronicled how this has gotten a lot of play on the fringe, and one brief mention on Fox, but it was really pushed into the mainstream thanks to a Facebook post by Sarah Palin.

In the post, Palin says she finds it "hilarious," and while she did not say at any point she believed it was a hoax, she did end up giving it a platform and acknowledged why people would be prone to believing it.

QuoteWith the Obama White House's total lack of transparency, it's no wonder that some will ask whether they staged even a fainting lady in the Rose Garden. What was once a major leap in logic has become a single step because President Obama has lied so often and so blatantly.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Not sure why you'd want to hoax something that is really kind of an embarrassment.  The Daily Show had a funny take on it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 25, 2013, 10:37:34 AM
Not sure why you'd want to hoax something that is really kind of an embarrassment.  The Daily Show had a funny take on it.

I don't know why you guys come up with all the conspiracy theories you do either, but there you go.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 25, 2013, 10:37:34 AM

I don't know why you guys come up with all the conspiracy theories you do either, but there you go.

Don't do that.  Do I do that to you?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

The Conspiracy to hide the truth about Benghazi was one you were on for a while.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Not sure I ever referred to that as a conspiracy.  That seems to be a term you like to use.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 25, 2013, 01:54:15 PM
Not sure I ever referred to that as a conspiracy.  That seems to be a term you like to use.

No, you didn't refer to it as a conspiracy.  People who believe in conspiracy theories frequently don't refer to their beliefs as "conspiracy theories", as it has a negative connotation.  For instance Climate change deniers don't normally refer to their beliefs as a conspiracy theory, but that's what it is.  For Climate change to be a hoax it requires an international conspiracy of scientists working in tandem to mislead the public.

Admiral Yi

It has the very negative connotation of being false.

Not every conspiracy is a conspiracy theory.  People do in fact, from time to time, conspire.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
It has the very negative connotation of being false.

Not every conspiracy is a conspiracy theory.  People do in fact, from time to time, conspire.

So do you think that the woman fainting in the OP was orchestrated?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM

Theories aren't ever true? Evolution is out?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2013, 04:12:25 PM
So do you think that the woman fainting in the OP was orchestrated?

I very much doubt it.

Razgovory

Outta curiosity I did a Google search for the Conspiracies around Obama.  Apparently he had a gay lover who he murdered.  Or at least that's conspiracy theory.  Or perhaps he really did conspire to murder his lover as Yi points out, does happen time to time.

Admiral Yi

:lol:  When did I point out that Obama from time to time conspires to murder his gay lovers?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2013, 04:24:28 PM
:lol:  When did I point out that Obama from time to time conspires to murder his gay lovers?

You didn't you just point out that people do conspire from time to time.