News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is this real? Limbaugh attacks the military.

Started by Razgovory, October 22, 2013, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Was it last week or the week before when Yi suggested that the military is paid to much?  I've always suspected that the radical budget hawks would turn their knives on military pay and benefits if they thought they could get away with it.  It's such a big piece of the pie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 03:52:31 PM
Was it last week or the week before when Yi suggested that the military is paid to much?  I've always suspected that the radical budget hawks would turn their knives on military pay and benefits if they thought they could get away with it.  It's such a big piece of the pie.

There is definitely some room to criticize military spending, including pay and benefits.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

I was a Limbaugh fan back in my misguided youth, so I know his playbook pretty well...

I could believe him saying all of that, as he often uses extreme exaggeration to make a point...that's just part of his schtick.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2013, 03:41:02 PM
Quote from: Maximus on October 22, 2013, 03:11:07 PM
I do. I don't see anything positive there.

Are you new here?

Raz' entire organizing principle, his secular religion, is demonization of the right.

Think of it as a Raz D'etat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2013, 03:58:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 03:52:31 PM

There is definitely some room to criticize military spending, including pay and benefits.

Perhaps, the fiscalnistas tend to shy away from that.  They have been careful about forging an alliance with the rest of the conservative movement, they  can get their foot in the door taking about "spending" in a vague way or going on about the foreign aid or welfare.  They start a major push for cutting military benefits, they lose the alliance.  Maybe when they've gotten rid of social security they can carve up Derspeiss's military benefits, but not yet.  Not now.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 05:06:43 PM

Are you new here?

Raz' entire organizing principle, his secular religion, is demonization of the right.

I think of it more as a raz-on d'etre.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

The message I'm getting from you Raz is that were Republicans to cut military pay and benefits, that would make them bad people, but as it is, they're to afraid to do so, which makes them bad people.  :lol:

Razgovory

They already bad people, they just with to hid it from their fellows.

Jacob

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 05:38:42 PM

Then what is the relationship of their badness to cutting military pay and benefits?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2013, 05:14:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 05:06:43 PM

Are you new here?

I think of it more as a raz-on d'etre.

Yeah I screwed that one up.  That's what I meant.  I'm not good with French. :(

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2013, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2013, 05:38:42 PM

Then what is the relationship of their badness to cutting military pay and benefits?

Fellow Conservatives would see it as bad.  It's my opinion that the real, honest to God fiscal conservatives are rare, but ride the coat tails of the general conservative movement.  They can make common cause talking about the cutting welfare and such hopefully pick up the adherents here and there.  Once they cut the "Welfare" programs, they hope to move on to more popular ones, like social security and the like.  Eventually they'll put their "fellow" conservatives on the chopping block as well cutting military pensions pay.  It's sort of like the Popular Front strategy the Reds used to use.