Jan/Feb 2014 Government Shutdown and Default Crisis Thread.

Started by mongers, October 16, 2013, 05:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 17, 2013, 07:54:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2013, 05:32:33 PM
What odds are you offering?

20.00 this wont be on the scale of this last one.

I assume you mean won't be suck a drama, not to the line, less impact and so forth.

But you could also win the bet on the other end of the scale, if congress sabotages the whole budget, everything, the markets utterly crash and a near new dark age is ushered in.
In which case you and everyone else could do with a twenty, though given the probable collapse of banking, I don't know how Yi would get it to you.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 17, 2013, 09:26:47 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 17, 2013, 07:54:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2013, 05:32:33 PM
What odds are you offering?

20.00 this wont be on the scale of this last one.

I assume you mean won't be suck a drama, not to the line, less impact and so forth.

But you could also win the bet on the other end of the scale, if congress sabotages the whole budget, everything, the markets utterly crash and a near new dark age is ushered in.
In which case you and everyone else could do with a twenty, though given the probable collapse of banking, I don't know how Yi would get it to you.   :P

Then the new currency will be ammo.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".