Question for Carrot and maybe others re: New Jersey

Started by Caliga, September 25, 2013, 12:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

They had those on nicer strips of the Schleswig-Holstein coasts. You could either choose to go to a public beach and put down your towel between rusty beer cans and used condoms, and the ferry lines passing two hundred meters from the shore. Not to mention the stink from the little grill that probably hasn't changed the oil in its deep frier since Helmut Schmidt was chancellor.

Or you could pay a few Marks and enjoy powder fine white sand and crystal clear water that almost makes you think you're in the Carribean.

The differences are not always that extreme, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2013, 05:21:23 AM
Nope, the tag is levied per person, not car, and you need to carry/wear it when you're on the beach.  Totally lame.

Oh. That's really lame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Yeah.  Taxes and such are high in New Jersey, but apparently not quite high enough so they had to come up with that. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points