News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nested - Explore the Universe

Started by Syt, October 12, 2013, 03:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Not sure if this was posted. Found nothing via search.

Explore the universe - from the galaxies to the thoughts of its inhabitants, to the DNA and quarks it's made up of:

http://orteil.dashnet.org/nested
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I found a battlefield where a Captain Eugene Ferguson lies wounded thinking that it's a sunny day out.  Lois turner is there as well, with a bullet in her thinking about how much she likes being married and that soda is really good.  Major Janice Mcdonald is there as well and is one of the few who isn't either dead or wounded.  The Major is wearing a T-shirt and sweat pants and is thinking to her self that she has never seen that movie before.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Honorverse got it right.
I think we will go Generation Ships, then Cryogenits/cold sleep, then finanlly hyperdrive.

If society doesn't collapse and we don't kill each other off, then we should be reaching to the starts in a couple hundred years or so.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on October 12, 2013, 10:37:11 PM
Honorverse got it right.
I think we will go Generation Ships, then Cryogenits/cold sleep, then finanlly hyperdrive.

If society doesn't collapse and we don't kill each other off, then we should be reaching to the starts in a couple hundred years or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zEqfle758M
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on October 12, 2013, 10:37:11 PM
Honorverse got it right.

You really can't freeze people like that and there will never be a hyperdrive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017